LtCmdr T'Lea - Root Cause (tag Blueheart/Siris)

doggybunbun

Nov 10, 2015, 3:39:52 PM11/10/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Avandar

Lieutenant Commander T’Lea
Chief Science Officer
USS Avandar

Author ID I238301T10​

((USS Avandar – Ready Room))

Lice: More plas.

:: The food T’Lea had left for the little alien girl was gobbled up with enthusiasm from under the desk.::

Riverview: It’s good to see such a good appetite! Of course you may have some more.

:: T’Lea headed over to the replicator and ordered another place of the same, but this time she set it a little further away on the desk top.::

Lice: Thank you. :: She blow he hair out the way. ::

Riverview/: You’re welcome. What’s your name?

Lice:

::  About that time T’Lea’s comm. badge chirped, and she stepped aside for a bit of privacy, while the counselor continued to coax the little girl out of hiding.::

((OOC:  Slight alteration here since T’Sara was sent home and not in this scene.))

Rudat:  =/\= Nurse Rudat to LtCmdr T’Lea. =/\=

T’Lea: =/\= Go ahead. =/\=

Rudat: =/\= A strange inorganic molecule is affecting Ensign Ryan’s respiratory system, causing her to be short of breath. I’m unable to identify the agent on conventional databases. I’m sending you our findings. Hopefully you’ll be able to shed some light on what we’re dealing with here. =/\=

T’Lea: =/\= Does she know where she was exposed to the molecule =/\=

 Rudat: =/\= From what few words she has spoken, I gather that she got exposed on the other ship. Perhaps there’s something on the away team’s logs? =/\=

:: Sounded plausible.::

T’Lea: =/\= I’ll investigate at once.  Keep me informed.=/\=

Rudat: =/\= Will do. Rudat out. =/\=

:: She turned to Riverview and gave a nod as she exited the room.  Once back on the bridge she heard Rudat’s voice again, only this time over somebody else’s comm. badge.::

Rudat: =/\= Are you experiencing similar symptoms, Major? Was there anything in particular that you found on that ship that may be able to explain this? =/\=

Siris: =/\= response =/\=

:: T’Lea listened as she took her station and reviewed the data sent from sickbay.::

Rudat: =/\= Aye, Sir. =/\= ::pause, remembering:: =/\= Oh, one other thing. The ensign mentioned something about the ship being “rigged” and that she “didn’t know”. Know what that’s about, Major? =/\=

Siris: =/\= response =/\=

:: T’Lea turned and waved Siris over.::

T’Lea:  Chemical symbol Dt.  Atomic number 87.  That’s dilithium, but it’s is mixed with  Oxaforline, a gas.  It appears that together they create a drowning effect in the lung.  I’m not sure how to remedy the problem, but that is the root cause.   Doctor, Blueheart, come look at this a moment please.

:: She waited for him to join them.::

T’Lea:  Ryan is having trouble breathing, I believe this is the reason.

:: She stepped aside so that he could see the results of the analysis.::

Blueheart: ?

Siris: ?

tag

Lieutenant Commander T’Lea