En. Riverview, pick a direction, any direction...and it will soon change. (TAG T'Lea, Blueheart)

dandelionsmom

Nov 9, 2015, 9:35:49 PM11/9/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Avandar

((USS Avandar – Corridors))

::Lost in thought but not in direction, Ceilidh moved about the ship as things seemed to intensify on board. Her goal was to visit several keys areas on the ship to see if anyone was needing some ‘counseling’ quickly, while checking in on several individuals who needed to be checked up on now that they were back on active duty. As with her normal habit, her mind replayed part of an earlier conversation with the Captain. Ceilidh was aware that the captain had a daughter, and expected she would eventually run into her at one point on board. She was surprised though by what the captain has asked of her. ::

Vetri: If you're fishing for details, you're out of luck. It has its moments, as you'd expect, but we've made it work so far. :: Her smile faded as she sat forward, looking a lot more serious.:: In fact, now you mention it, when you have the opportunity, I'd like for you to meet our daughter. Professionally.

:: Not sure how to respond, Ceilidh tried to read the womans’ face to gage if she were being serious, and to see if anything betrayed her..::

Vetri: It's nothing critical or urgent, but it would be... reassuring. I know how to do the sort of assessment that would be needed, but I'm nowhere near objective enough. The short version is that we have a small girl, a very bright, very telepathic, small girl, who has one of the least normal domestic upbringings going. Call it a checkup.

Riverview: Ah, okay. Well that is understandable. I am responsible for the mental well being of all the crew. Anything in particular you wish to share ahead of time that prompted this request?

Vetri: Yeah, like I'm going to prejudice your findings by giving you *my* take on things. ::sitting back with a smile:: Sorry. No spoilers.

Riverview: drat!

::The conversation after that was just the pleasantries of making sure the captain was handling the job comfortably and for the captain to for warn her about sick bay being busy. It had become busy enough that Ceilidh’s first attempt to leave sick bay and do her rounds had ended less than 5 minutes and 3 sections over when she was called back to sick bay, this time by Captain Blueheart in Sick Bay::

Blueheart: =/\= Blueheart to Counselor Riverview. =/\=

Riverview: :: tapping comm. Badge:: =/\= response =/\= Riverview here.

Blueheart: =/\= The rescued slaves in Sickbay are terrified and physically defensive. Security has gotten the situation under control and will help with triage. Those who don’t need immediate medical attention will be placed in the mess hall. I believe most, if not all, of them will require some form of post-traumatic stress management and post-bondage readjustment. Who knows how long they will be on board with us. Right now they only see us as a threat. =/\=

 Riverview: =/\= Well that does make sense. If they’ve been slaves all their lives, they’ll undoubtedly not trust anyone who is different then themselves. =/\=

::Ceilidh stopped walking in the direction she had been heading and went to a wall panel and brought up her location and it’s proximity to both sick bay and the mess hall. At this very middle, she was equal distance from both.::

Riverview: =/\= Since you’ve got sick bay full with those requiring immediate physical treatment, I’ll make my way to sick bay to help those whose trauma is more mental and will begin working with them. Hopefully they’ll be security there as well. =/\=

Blueheart: =/\= Thank you, Counselor. I appreciate it. Oh, and if you need my help with anything, just let me know. I dare say this is not going to be easy. =/\=

 Riverview: =/\= That is an understatement.=/\=

::Ceilidh read the wall panel once more and changed her direction to the nearest turbo lift and began her way to the mess hall. Sick Bay would be chaos at the moment and closed feeling. At least with the mess hall there was windows and comfortable seating. Hopefully it would help the newly freed slaves to refocus their attention on the stars enough to help them relax. ::

Blueheart: =/\= Just one more thing, Counselor. =/\= ::pausing a second or two:: =/\= There are children among the group. =/\=

 Riverview: =/\= Of course there would be. It would be wise to surmise that these people, even slaves, would form bonds with one another and eventually have families of their own. We’ll have to take great care that the children know where their parents are at all times. It will also put a difficult angle on working with the families. Children can either be the complete opposite of their parents at young ages, or could be as traumatized as their parents and the adults around them.

Riverview: =/\= I will however will request several nurses to be in attendance at all times in the Mess Hall if possible. My fear is that we’ll be needing to administer a great deal of sedatives over the next 24 hours, and not just to the adults. =/\=

 ::The link closed and the turbo lift continued on several decks more before she was on the deck needed. Thankfully she only had several corridors to go down before she’d get to the mess hall. Of course, just as she was rounding the last corner, her comm. Badge once again chirped.::

T’Lea: =/\= T’Lea to Counselor Riverview, I need your assistance in the Captain’s Ready Room.  We have one of our smaller guests hiding out in there.=/\=

Riverview: =/\= Yes ma’am. I’m just at the mess hall where some of the slaves have been assigned to. I will be there shortly. =/\=

T’Lea: =/\=  Hurry. =/\=

::The tone of T’Lea over the calm told Ceilidh that entering the mess hall would have to wait for a while longer. Once again, her direction was redirected and this time Ceilidh made her way to the captain’s ready room. As she entered the room, Ceilidh took notice of who all was inside. She could easily see T’Lea and a smaller looking version of her, who she assumed was T’Sara, and a rather young somewhat dirty face hidden just off to the side. ::

 T’Lea: ::softly::  Maybe you’ll have better luck.  ::she moved over to Riverview::  T’Sara brought her to the bridge, they must have met up somewhere.

Riverview: ::Softly spoken:: Let’s hope so.

::Ceilidh moved slowly around the room and took note of where the child was  and what was in between. Just off to the side there were several standard issue pillows that had been thrown off and Ceilidh began to think. She gently took one for herself and 2 more for the children and moved softly just to the left.::

Lice: More plas.

::Ceilidh took a seat on the ground, resting against the leg of a chair and placed the other two pillows to either side of her.::

Riverview: It’s good to see such a good appetite! Of course you may have some more.

::Ceilildh glanced over at T’Lea nodding that she should get another place of exactly what the child had just eaten, while she stayed put, in plain view of their young guest.::

:: She waited under the table for the food to be delivered to her. She heard the notice of the machine that made the food. The plate was sat on the table again this time Lice popped up and grabbed it, her ginger hair was long and ended up covering her face. ::

Lice: Thank you. :: She blow he hair out the way. ::

Riverview/: You’re welcome. What’s your name?

Lice:

::Ceilidh reached up and slowly removed one of the colourful cotton hair ties from her hair and placed it somewhat closer to the young one, without trying to get the child upset. Of course, this caused her own bangs to fall over her face and tickled her nose so that she sneezed.::

Riverview: Achoo! ::sucking snot back:: excuse me! I forget how hair can tickle the nose!

::Ceilidh smiled as she readjusted her hair so that her face was once again visible.::

Riverview: I see you’ve made a friend already. ::looking over at T’Sara:: Hello T’Sara, I’m Ceilidh.

T’Sara:

::Ceilidh studied both children and saw the bond that had formed between them. What she needed to do was to find out of their young guest had family on board.::

Riverview: T’Sara, since this is your friend, would you be willing to help me find her family? Grown ups can get into such trouble when their children aren’t there to make sure they behave. It would also let us all explore the ship together.

T’Sara/T’Lea/Lice

::It would be best if T’Sara stayed with her new friend. If no family could be found, Lice would need a good friend to make her feel less lonely on such a big ship. ::

En. Riverview

Counselor

USS Avandar
C239209CR0