Lt Commander Serala: Starbase One

Jim Davis

Sep 5, 2020, 9:27:37 PM9/5/20
to USS Atlantis

(( Bridge, Deck 1, USS Atlantis, on approach SB1, Earth, Sol System ))

{{ Time Index: Day 23 of Shore Leave }}

Serala stared out the viewscreen at the cloud filled blue orb. Earth. Home. Yes, even for her. Serala had been born and raised here and like so many others, this was a homecoming for her as well. She fought back a lump that was forming in her throat. It would not do to have the crew see her get emotional. No, she wasn’t a Vulcan, but she was Romulan and she was proud, and she was the First Officer.

It had been nearly three years since she had left Earth for the Atlantis. She was excited to be home again.

oO Maybe I will take a swing by the villa and see what became of it after Mother left. Oo

Right now, she needed to concentrate on docking this ship.

Just off to the side of the view of Earth was their actual destination: Starbase One. The structure was impressive. A long, conal shape, multiple lights shining light little stars, a massive docking bay door which was currently closed. If she thought starships were big, this thing was massive.

Serala: Helm, alter course for Starbase 1, reduce speed to one-half impulse,

Helm: Aye, one-half impulse.

Serala nodded then turned to face Esa at the Ops station.

Serala: Lieutenant Kiax, inform the Captain that we have arrived, and open a channel to Starbase Control.

Kiax: Response

Serala waited for her to indicate that the channel was open then began.

Serala: =/\= Starbase Control, this is USS Atlantis on approach. Requesting docking procedures and docking bay doors. =/\=

SB Control: =/\= Acknowledged, Atlantis. You are cleared to dock at docking station ten. Docking bay doors opening now. Reduce speed to one-third on thrusters only. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged, Control. Atlantis out. =/\=

Serala redirected her gaze back at the helm officer.

Serala: You heard the man, forward thrusters to one-third.

Helm: Aye, Commander. Slowing to thrusters only, ahead one-third.

Serala: Well, everyone. We’re home.

Anyone: Responses

She heard the doors behind her open and the distinctive footfalls of the Captain.

Thoran: Response

Serala: Yes, sir. We’re on approach, as you can see. Docking station ten. Estimate we should be docked in eleven minutes.

Thoran: Response

Anyone: Responses

(( OOC: Happy to continue the conversations here, but going to jump ahead to the docking itself. Please feel free to add in! ))

Helm: Response

Serala: Acknowledged, helm. All stop. Thrusters at station keeping. :: turning to Esa :: Lieutenant, secure all moorings.

Kiax: Response

And that was it. They were docked. She tapped the comm button on her console, opening a channel to Engineering.

Serala: Bridge to Engineering, Commander Rosek. We have docked. Shut down all engines and set power for dock operations.

Rosek: =/\= Response =/\=

She then tapped another button on her console and a shipwide channel opened.

Serala: =/\= Bridge to all stations, we have arrived at Starbase One. Set all stations for docking operations. Shore leave is authorized at this time. Bridge Out. =/\=

She realized she probably should have waited for the Captain to say that, but her eagerness had gotten the better of her. She looked over at him and gave him a contrite look as if to apologize for jumping the gun.

Thoran: Response

Lt. Commander Serala
First Officer
Training Team Member