Ensign Serala: An Advocate

Jim Davis

Apr 8, 2018, 8:51:24 PM4/8/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

((Command Offices, Level 2, Central hub, DS26))

:: She didn't know whether to be excited or worried. She had been released getting the brig a few hours ago, which had given her time to freshen up and put on a clean uniform. Upon her release, she had been ordered to report to Captain Brell at this time. Her observations of him indicated he was a fair person, still she couldn't help but wonder if her career Starfleet was over. ::

Brell: =/\= Please let Ensign Serala know I’m ready for her. =/\=

Lieutenant Kelly: You can go on back now, Ensign.

Serala: Thank you

:: Apprehensive, she walked down the passageway still worrying about her fate. Stopping outside the door, she pressed the chime and waited for permission enter. ::

Brell: Enter.

Serala: Reporting as ordered, sir.

Brell: I hope you are having a decent day Ensign.

Serala: It has been a mixed day for my emotions.

Brell: I wanted to speak with you in person to hear your own telling of things, and to hopefully relieve a bit of the worry you might be feeling.

Serala: Thank you, sir. I take it, then, that Starfleet is not kicking me out?

Brell: No, not at this time.

Serala: :: relief clearly evident on her face, tears willing in her eyes :: Thank you, sir. I was afraid they might think me too great of a risk. As for my side of the story… I'm not sure. No one ever explained what the evidence against me was, so there's not much I can say about that. About my… Mother, however..

:: And with that, Serala quickly explained everything that had happened since she beamed over to her mother's ship. ::

Brell: I won’t lie Ensign, Starfleet still has questions you will need to answer and the JAG has a duty to investigate. As I am a command level officer .. and you just told me everything I will enter myself as your advocate.

:: She almost lost her self-control right then. She was certain no one on the ship was convinced enough of her innocence to represent her, much less the Captain. ::

Serala: You, sir? Do you think I have a chance of getting out of these charges? As I said, I don't even know what the evidence against me is.

::He took another sip of lemony coffee, and thought. There were simply too many possibilities of what could be.::

Brell:  I don’t think we will have to worry too much, as long as you are honest and another witness might not hurt.

:: That baffled her. Witness? To what event? ::

Serala: Like who?

:: Then it occurred to her. Her sudden beam out during the arrest attempt. ::

Serala: My mother?

Brell: Your mother.

::He looked down at the terminal on the desk and tapped open the subspace communications grid. Starfleet had been scientifically improving at a steady rate while the Romulan Empire had been gone for nearly decade. He sent a general hail addressed to R’val.::

Brell: =/\= This is Commander Brell on Deep Space 26 to Commander R’Val of Romulan Republic Warbird Illa'variea, please respond. =/\=

:: Serala thought she would be sick. Her mother. No way was this going to turn out well. She wasn’t sure whether to be scared, amused, or just plain shocked. ::

R’Val: =/\= response =/\=

Brell: =/\= Commander thank you for responding, I wonder if you might join me and your daughter here on the station. =/\=

R'Val: =/\= Response =/\=

Brell: =/\= I would hate for things to destabilize into an incident that could cause the Republic to no longer be welcome in the expanse. As such Serala and I have been discussing things and I feel you might be able to help. =/\=

R’Val: =/\= Response =/\=

::The comm line closed and he looked over to Serala again. This would be the first time he would be meeting the parent of someone under his command. As someone who always seemed to have family around he knew what it was like when they suddenly popped in and he had three parents.::

Serala: I doubt this is going to go well. My mother is exceptionally stubborn. Once she had set her mind on something she almost never changes it. And she has set her mind on having me serve under her.

Brell: Response

Serala: Yes, sir. There is an ambassador on board. I recall him saying something about trying to have more positive relations with the Federation as well as the Par'tha Expanse.

Brell: Response

Serala: Yes. That could…

:: The whine of a transporter and the reddish glow that accompanied it interrupted her as her mother appeared. ::

TAGS/TBC

Ensign Serala, Security Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-76482
A239412S10