Lt. Serala: Good meeting, everyone.

Jim Davis

Aug 21, 2018, 10:00:16 PM8/21/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Conference Room One, Deck 1, U.S.S. Atlantis ))

Serala: Thank you for coming. Termine and Malko, as you already know, and for your benefit Mr. Spurlocke, the Atlantis has been tasked with rescuing two ships from the Jenatris Cloud manned by Korri. From what I have learned, these are a race of traders from a mostly water world. Their ships are large and slow. There were four ships until one exploded. One managed to return to DS26, but there are two others trapped in the Cloud. We don’t know their condition. I have been tasked with leading an away team to one of the ships. We don’t know their status yet, and the Captain has not yet assigned official away teams, but it is my intention to request the three of you.

Spurlocke: Do we know what we are expecting when we arrive on scene?

Termine: Not much more than was discussed in the briefing unfortunately. Is there something more that you have been made aware of? Something in particular we should be preparing for that might be above our clearance perhaps?

Serala: Very good question. We don’t have any firm data yet, so we are going to have to prepare for anything. The Captain may decided not to go with my suggestions, and he may even add a few people. Now, with those qualifiers out of the way, input? What do you three think?

Termine: Well, to be honest I’d recommend getting a few more people into the room. I don’t want to belittle any of the abilities of the people around me, or your decisions Lieutenant, because I know you have your own logic, but I feel we may be lacking in some abilities.

Spurlocke: I have to a agree, our current mix of departments isn’t what I’d expect for a SAR team.

Malko: I’m happy to help. I can’t offer much technical assistance, but I think how we approach contact with the Korri is important and I want to aid in gaining their trust and making them feel safe.

Serala: Well, Mr. Spurlocke, let me start with you. The reason I requested you is because you are a qualified pilot and I am going to need someone to pilot my shuttle. Now, I am a capable pilot myself, but considering the nature of the Jenatris Cloud, I would rather have a more capable pilot than myself. Add to that the fact that you are a Marine, and the fact that we don’t know what to expect, I feel having another combat capable individual on my team would be a good idea, making you an ideal candidate.

Spurlocke:  I’m glad to be of service.

Serala: As for you, Mr. Termine, I have several reasons for selecting you. You may not be an engineer, but as an Operations Officer, you are the next best thing. Additionally, you and I got off to a bad start. I would like to see if I can change that. I am also going to need someone to help me figure out what happened over there and see if we can get things going again. Our primary task is to find and rescue any survivors, but if we can salvage the ship and its cargo, I would like to try that as well.

Termine: I’m glad to have a chance at a second impression. I’ll make sure to study up on what we know of Korri system architecture.

Serala: Lastly, but not leastly, Counselor, is you. It is very likely that our medical teams are going to be overwhelmed with the survivors, but I am going to need someone with medical training over there. I learned a few months ago, from the previous Counselor that you are trained in medical triage and first aid procedures. Those skills will be invaluable to me. Also, after a tragedy like this, it is not uncommon for people to suffer from traumatic effects. Your skills as a Counselor will be invaluable there as well.

Malko: Certainly, I will have a recovery room made up for any survivors we have to return to the Atlantis.

Serala: There is one more thing. Since I am a new team leader, I am wanting to create a new team, or more specifically, a team of new people. All of you here are new to Atlantis. Termine has one mission under his belt, and I have three. Lieutenant Spurlocke, I read your file. You used to be a Captain. I didn’t look too deeply into that. I don’t want to be influenced by your past. You will get a fresh start here. I am hoping that if we work together well as a team, we can become a regular team, one that will know how each other works and be prepared to adjust as needed. So now, does anyone have any suggestions on how we should proceed with our mission?

Spurlocke: I wouldn’t count on a smooth ride either, The cloud is known for its various anomalies. It may prove difficult to dock with the Korri ship, provided their docking ports are still intact. We might need to get a little creative when we get there.

Termine: When there I’d recommend that we get to the computer core ASAP. at the centre of the ship it’s the system least-likely to be damaged and we’d be able to pull out more information than we ever could sweeping with tricorders or even ship sensors at this point. If we’re lucky we may be able to even re-engage some life-support or other primary systems.

Serala: Thank you and I agree. Let’s not forget, however, that our main mission there will be to rescue any survivors that are onboard. Assuming they need it, that is. After that, I am in complete agreement. Let’s salvage what we can. From what I understand, it’s likely the Korri will insist on us saving the cargo before them. And you, Mr. Malko? What are your thoughts on our mission?

Malko: Response

Serala: Great idea. Anyone else? Other thoughts? This is my first time leading an away team, gentlemen. As you may guess, it is somewhat nerve-wracking to someone like me, whose life is about duty and honor. Anything you can do, any suggestions you may have, are most welcome.

Termine/Spurlocke/Malko: Responses

Serala: Great. I like everything I have heard. Let’s make it happen, gentlemen. Termine, we’ll be taking the shuttle B’hala. I have a few things to attend to and then I will jump in and help with the preparations. Unless there is anything else, you are dismissed.

Termine/Spurlocke/Malko: Responses

TBC/TAGS

--
Lt Serala, Assitant Chief of Security and Tactical
USS Atlantis NCC-76482