Lt Commander Serala: Oh, This Is Not Good

Jim Davis

Jun 28, 2020, 6:42:24 PM6/28/20
to USS Atlantis

((Nearing Security Control, Mephinii Spaceport, Illara Prime))

Serala had just rounded the corner and was nearing Major Stonecypher’s office again. She really hoped Toryn had talked some sense into him by now. She’d had some very interesting conversations since she left here and it seemed Ensign Ganarvuss was doing a great job with the other investigation. With the Captain in charge of the third team, she didn’t think it necessary to check in on them. She might have gone down to check on Dermont and Kiax, but she had just as much confidence in them as she had in the rest of the officers on this crew and there was no real need. If they needed her, they would call.

She was in an empty corridor with many side passages when the lights flickered out again. She barely had time to register the fact that the lights appeared to be on in the rest of the vicinity when three forms stepped out from side corridors, two ahead and one behind. The lights came up and she could see them clearly. Well, somewhat clearly given that they were completely enshrouded. She could make out enough details to determine that they appeared wiry, and what she could see of their eyes definitely appeared to be either Vulcan or Romulan. Her money would be on Romulan.

Assassin 1: Llaihrlai mnei htirrnen!

The female, and it was clearly a female, pulled a kaleh. It’s style was one she clearly recognized. N’Ventnar. So they were here. Serala decided to analyze what that meant later. Now, survival was priority.

The woman lunged at her and Serala found herself surprised at the clumsiness of the attack. She quickly sidestepped the thrust out dagger and seized the attacker’s arm, wrapping her in an arm lock and spinning her around to act as a shield against the incoming dagger thrust from the assassin behind her. The blade plunged hilt deep into the woman’s chest and she was dead before Serala could drop her. Even as she dodged the attack of the third dagger, she noted that the woman’s blood was not green. Of course that made sense, since the words she had spoken were in perfectly accented Romulan, but made use of a word combination that a true Romulan would not have used. The meaning was still clear. Death to our Enemies. But only a native Romulan speaker would have noticed the error.

The remaining two attackers were nearly as clumsy as the female had been and it didn’t take Serala to completely disarm them. Unfortunately, she had killed a second attacker before finally disarming and incapacitating the third with a rather vicious thrust to his temple.

oO Fvadt! So much for not creating a diplomatic incident. Likely the security cameras in this corridor have been disabled as well. Oo

Serala: =/\= Serala to Captain McKnight and Commander Raga. I need a security team in the corridor just outside Major Stonecypher’s office. =/\=

McKnight / Raga: =/\= Responses =/\=

Serala: =/\= I was just attacked by three would-be assassins trying to pass themselves off as N’Ventnar. And doing a very poor job of it, I might add. =/\=

McKnight / Raga: =/\= Responses =/\=

She looked herself over. She had taken a slight cut on her right arm and a trickle of green blood was leaking. It didn’t look serious, but if the blades were poisoned…

Serala: =/\= I am fine. Just a scratch. But I probably should have it looked at just in case. =/\=

McKnight / Raga: =/\= Responses =/\=

oO Oh, this is not good. The Captain just may finish what they started. Oo

Serala: =/\= Commander Raga. Is Major Stonecypher with you? Oo

Raga: =/\= Response =/\=

Serala: =/\= Please inform him that two of the suspects are dead. The third is unconscious. =/\=

Raga: =/\= Response =/\=

Lt. Commander Serala

First Officer

Training Team Member