Lt Serala: Crazy fish...uh, Krazed Korri?

Jim Davis

Sep 2, 2018, 6:19:21 PM9/2/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Cargo Bay, Korri Freighter, Jenatris Cloud ))

Serala: Now, now, Mr. Termine. It would be completely selfish of me to deny you the right to be the first to board the ship. Don’t worry, the Marine and I will be right behind you to protect you if some nasty Korri mistakes you for a piece of kelp.

Termine: Response

Serala: Phasers on stun, and keep them at your waist. No need to make them think we’re hostile. Mr. Termine, if you could get a lock on the nearest life signs and lead us toward them, it would be much appreciated.

Termine: Response

Spurlocke: You surprise me Mr. Termine, a man’s first boarding is something you will always remember. Besides, the worst that could happen is a fiery death at the hands of rogue mutated tribbles.

:: It didn’t take long for them to reach the cargo bay. Once Termine indicated that there was atmosphere on the other side, she nodded at him to open the door. Once it was opened, however, she was unprepared for what she saw. ::

Serala: What in the name of the Elements? :: she muttered :: Hello, is everyone alright?

:: The words seemed to echo for quite some time as the Korri all slowly turned their attention to the new comers. She noticed that the dozen or so Korri were gathered around a single spot, but she couldn’t see what they were surrounding. They had the look of complete raving maniacs. Some kind of fluid seemed to be marring the faces of the few that were in clearer light than the others, but the room was too dimly light for even her Romulan eyes to discern details at this distance. ::

Serala: I am Lieutenant Serala from the Federation Starship Atlantis. We’re here to help.

:: She couldn’t tell if they understood her, but they were staring at her like she was their next meal. Considering what she was now able to see through the slight part that had been created when they shifter their attention to her, she wondered if that wasn’t close to the truth. ::

Spurlocke: Lieutenant, might I recommend we casually make a half moon formation. Something tells me these Korri aren’t in a talking mood.

Serala: I’m counting a dozen crazies, Mr. Spurlocke. Do you think that formation will be sufficient against that many adversaries?

Spurlocke: I count about ten, we should be fine as long as we keep the perimeter.

Serala: Very well, you take right flank, I will take left. Mr. Termine, Malko, take the center. Phasers on stun.

:: Slowly the party made a half moon around the doorway they had just entered from, the Korri no more than ten feet away intently eyeing them. ::

Serala: Everyone stay sharp. I don’t know what’s going on here, but let’s not take any chances.

Spurlocke: Any bright ideas, Mr.Malko?

Malko/Termine: Responses

Raga: =/\= Away Team :: Static :: Team Two. Serala :: Static :: copy? =/\=

Serala: =/\= Raga, say again. You’re breaking up. Repeat, you’re breaking up. Please repeat your last communication. =/\=

Raga: =/\= I can barely read you. Be advised, many of the crew from the ship you're on were evacuated...is one. :: A heavy static burst rattle through the channel a second :: ..symptoms from the...oud.....ome....hostile....be careful... =/\=

Serala: =/\= Raga. I didn’t copy that. Say again. =/\=  Mr. Termine, is there any way to clear up the interference?

:: And it was just that moment that one of the Korri decided he was hungry. He lunged forward, and it seemed to trigger something in all of the others. They came at the team all at once. Serala levelled her phaser at the lead Korri and fired. She noticed the others doing likewise. She took note of the fact that despite the fact that she had her phaser on heavy stun and it should have taken the Korri out for quite some time, he kept coming. She had to fire two more times before she finally took it down. She was able to take down a second Korri before a third finally closed with her and grabbed her around the neck, her webbed hands closing around Serala’s throat like a vise cutting off the Romulan’s air. Serala didn’t have time to look around at her fellow away team members, but she did know that they had each fired several shots of their own. ::

Termine/Malko/Spurlocke: Responses

:: Fortunately, Serala was an expert in martial arts, having achieved master level in more than two dozen styles and proficiency in another dozen. She quickly broke the Korri’s choking grasp on her and managed several quick strikes on her before she finally subdued the amphibian. Once again, she noted that it took more effort to take it down than it normally should have. She took a look around to see how the others were faring against their foes. ::

Termine/Malko/Spurlocke: Responses

Serala: Report.

Termine/Malko/Spurlocke: Responses

Serala: Analysis, Mr. Malko. What’s wrong with them?

Malko: Response

Termine/Spurlocke: Responses

TBC/TAGS

--
Lt Serala, Assitant Chief of Security and Tactical
USS Atlantis NCC-76482