Lt JG Serala: The Reception

Jim Davis

Aug 4, 2018, 4:33:26 PM8/4/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( OOC: Anyone who wants to get in on this, please feel free to jump on in since everyone was invited to the wedding anyway.  ))

:: As soon as the ceremony was over the mess hall was quickly transformed. A massive wedding cake was rolled in and a bar was set up. A buffet style meal was also set up for those who might be hungry. Serala didn’t know who had been responsible for setting this all up, for she hadn’t, and yet it here it was. Those who had been able to come now began to mingle, some coming by occasionally to congratulate the happy couple. ::

Serala: Thank you, Mr. Zett.

:: As the Atrean Science officer walked away, she sighed. Her friends all seemed to be enjoying themselves. She had thanked the umpteenth person for his well wishes. Dermont had been glaring at her ever since the wedding, but that was to be expected. After all, he was fiercely protective of Raga, and he didn’t much care for Romulans as it was. No doubt, in his mind, her running off to marry Stevok instead of choosing Toryn was the typical Romulan behavior he was expecting from her. Toryn had given her away, for which she would be ever grateful, but it had been dampened by her knowledge of how painful it was for him to do. And he seemed to have been avoiding her ever since. ::

Stevok ~~ Perhaps we should leave if this is depressing you. ~~

Serala:  No, it’s our wedding. We have a social obligation to remain. Besides, we haven’t had our first dance yet.

Stevok ~~ It’s not dancing with you that I am interested in. ~~

Serala: Maybe, but we’ll have time for that later. And please don’t use telepathy just because you can.

Stevok: As you wish, my love. At least your mother seems to be enjoying herself.

:: She looked over to where R’Val had cornered the Captain. She wasn’t sure what they were discussing, but she sincerely hoped her mother was behaving herself.

Serala: Yes, poor Captain Brell.

Anyone: Response

--
Lt JG Serala, Security Officer