Lieutenant Commander Serala: The burdens of command

Jim Davis

Oct 23, 2019, 2:03:32 AM10/23/19
to USS Atlantis

(( Corridors near Level 37, Deep Space 26 ))

Serala: =/\= Serala to Atlantis. Is something wrong over there? Did something just happen to Doctor Stevok? =/\=

Thoran: =/\= Atlantis here. Stevok was injured; however Nurse Avae is treating him and his condition is stable. He is in good hands Commander. =/\=

oO Avae? That bubbly, underconfident Antosian that went with me on my last mission? She seemed competent enough then, but this is Stevok. Why not let the EMH treat him? Calm down and focus. Worry about him later. Mission first. They will take care of him. Breathe. Relax. Mission first. Oo

Serala: =/\= Thank you, sir. I’m sure Avae will do everything she can. =/\=

Thoran: =/\= What is the situation with your team? =/\=

Serala: =/\= We had a brief misunderstanding with a Valcarian checkpoint, but that has been resolved. Commander Perkins sustained minor blaster injuries, but has been treated and Doctor Toh’jak assures me he will live. =/\= oO Unfortunately Oo =/\= We are heading for Engineering to meet with the Valcarian Commander, someone named Calasio. We were going to go to Ops, but the Corporal here told us he was in Engineering. Still hoping for a peaceful solution, but it’s not looking promising, sir. I will keep you updated. =/\=

Thoran: =/\= Thank you for the update Commander. Stay safe and keep us updated on your progress =/\=

Serala: =/\=  Aue, Eriov!  =/\=

It was a sign of her distress about Stevok that she had slipped back into Romulan. She had worked hard to overcome that particular quirk, but she still tended to revert to Romulan when she was experiencing extreme emotions, and right now her fear for her husband was really causing her some serious stress. The need to focus on the mission making it worse.

McKnight: What's wrong?

Osiris: It seems we have become prey.

McKnight: That's to be expected. They've been following us since the checkpoint.

Serala: Yes, and none to subtly either, I might add. Perhaps they have forgotten about the keen senses of Romulans. Osiris, you’re the hunter. What is that nose telling you?

Osiris: I can smell the Valcarians. They stopped moving, but that group we passed, is following us.

McKnight: What do you want to do, Commander?

Serala: We keep doing what we’ve been doing. No doubt, they’ve been ordered to keep an eye on us to make sure we don’t stray from our declared destination. Which is fine, I want to meet this Valcarian Commander. :: turning to Perkins, her eyes narrowed in hate and as she spoke, her voice dripped venom. She was in no mood for his games anymore. :: Perkins, you were the Chief Engineer here. I’m sure you should have no trouble whatsoever finding Engineering. Take us there before I break something else.

Perkins: Response

Toh'jak: Response

Osiris: I can try to lead them on a wild fowl chase. Or, remain behind to track them as they track you.

McKnight: I recommend we leave them alone but keep tabs on them. Unless they have jammers, we can track them with our sensors.

Serala: :: nodding her head in agreement :: I concur, Captain. Osiris, I have no doubt about your skills. Trust me. But if they are tracking us, your absence would easily be noticed, considering your size. Plus, if it were me, I would make a constant head count to be sure someone didn’t do exactly what you just proposed. Let’s just monitor them with the tricorders and proceed to Engineering as we said we would. Perkins, let’s go.

Perkins: Response

Toh'jak: Response

They had been moving for several minutes when her commbadge chirped and she heard Logan’s voice come through.

Logan: =/\= Captain Logan to Captain McKnight and Commander Serala =/\=

McKnight: =/\= Go ahead, Logan. =/\=

Logan: =/\= We’ve had no reply on this end, yet, and as time is of the essence we have a plan of action =/\=

Serala: =/\= Let’s hear it, Logan. =/\=

Logan: =/\= We use the B’Hala to go to the top of the central hub and work our way down, Lieutenant Kiax needs access to the Computer and that’s on Deck three. It’s a risk but time isn’t on our side and working from here upwards is going to take time the Station and the planet doesn’t have =/\=

Amuro looked at Serala before speaking again.

McKnight: Ma'am, we are in a hurry. I think they should go ahead. A small group working their way up would draw less attention then us.

Serala: Agreed. =/\= Serala to Logan. Permission to proceed. Exercise extreme caution, Captain. =/\=

No sooner had that call ended than another came in, this time from Maeli on Atlantis.

Maeli: =/\= Atlantis to Commander Serala. A Caraadian delegation is on its way over to assist with efforts to reclaim the station. =/\=

oO Fvadt! As if this situation couldn’t get any more complicated. Oo

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged. Serala out. =/\= Well, the sooner we get to Engineering the better. Now, we’re going to have Caraadians aboard just eager to deal death to their enemies.

McKnight/To’jak/Perkins/Osiris/Any others: Response

Serala: Then let’s get going. Mr. Perkins, if you please. :: gesturing for him to lead the way.

McKnight/To’jak/Perkins/Osiris/Any others: Responses

(( Timeskip several minutes - Level 46, outside Engineering ))

True enough, Perkins was able to find his way to Engineering. They had passed a few more checkpoints, but apparently word had been sent ahead to let their group pass. Now the stood before the large double doors and waited to be permitted entrance to see the Valcarian Commander. They weren’t kept waiting long. When the doors opened, she strode in ahead of the rest of the group and walked straight toward the Commander.

Serala: Jolan’tru, Commander Calasio. I am Lieutenant Commander Serala of the Federation Starship Atlantis. Glad to meet you face to face.

Calasio: Response

Lt. Commander Serala
Chief Tactical Officer
Atlantis Staff Member