Lt Commander Serala and PNPC Doctor Stevok: Overprotective wife and Charges

Jim Davis

Nov 12, 2019, 11:24:12 PM11/12/19
to USS Atlantis

(( Serala’s Quarters, Deck 3 port side aft interior, USS Atlantis, Paldor System, Larokon Space - Day 1 of Shore Leave ))

Serala: Stevokan, ihir’hnau hwi hrra’u thalk. (Romulan: Stevok, you should be in bed.)

Since her return, Serala had been here, in her quarters, tending to her husband. He had been discharged from sickbay, but had been given strict orders to take it easy for the next week or so. The wound had been repaired, but there would be residual tenderness and weakness for some time.

Stevok: Nam-tor muhl’nash-veh o’ko-telsu. ( Vulcan: Honored wife, I am well. )

Serala: Stevok, you are still weak from your injury. That is not well. You need to rest.

Stevok: Serala, I am fine. I am only going down to the Science lab to do some research. Nothing stressful or strenuous. I promise.

She didn’t like it, but his logical arguments always confounded her. She knew he couldn’t do much damage sitting at a computer terminal. Still, she felt an overwhelming need to tend to him. Perhaps it was the pregnancy. She had no idea what to expect. Her mother had never discussed this with her, and she was part human which would make it even more difficult to predict what would happen.

Serala: Very well, then, heis’he. But, I want you home when your shift ends. No extra work.

Stevok: :: chuckling :: Very well. I shall return promptly at sixteen hundred hours and three minutes.

oO Only he would know how long it would take for him to get from the lab back to our quarters. Oo

She kissed him deeply before letting him leave. When he was gone, she turned to her own work. She had promised the Captain a full report on the events on the station by noon. She was still disappointed it had devolved into a shooting match, but realized that Calasio hadn’t really given them much choice. Still, she would have liked to have resolved it without the combat. Just once.

oO Odd sentiment for someone who chose security and tactical as a career path. Still, if I ever want to make Commander, I will have to learn to resolve crises without violence. Oo

Sitting at the table in her quarters, she turned on the computer terminal and began dictating her report. She was careful to give her commendation for the action of Captain McKnight and the other marines, and their quick response times. As for Lieutenant Kiax, most of what she had was second hand information, but she made sure to include her thoughts on the Lieutenant’s actions nonetheless.

And then there was Commander Perkins. He was sitting in the brig. She still needed to file the charges, and that was next on her agenda. Even if he managed to evade the charges at court martial, she would see to it that his career was over. She made sure to creatively explain her actions regarding the man. She didn’t quite lie, but her prevarications would walk the line. It was easy to explain the phaser shot. After all, he couldn’t be used as a hostage if he wasn’t one. But her striking him in the passageway would need some creative language. This Captain was sharp. No doubt he would be able to read between the lines. She also perceived him as much stricter than Captain Brell was. She just hoped he would overlook her conduct in favor of the reasons behind it.

Her report completed and not prone to procrastination, she decided to take care of the charges against Perkins.

Serala: =/\= Serala to Lieutenant Hyden. I would like to meet with you in your office. It’s about your prisoner, Lieutenant Commander Perkins. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= Response =/\=

Serala: =/\= Correct, Maddi. Since I ordered his arrest, I need to file the paperwork, but as Security Chief, you’re going to need to sign off on it. If your busy, I can do it another time, but the sooner the better. He does have rights...unfortunately. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= Response =/\=

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged. I’ll be right there. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= Response =/\=

Lt. Commander Serala
Chief Tactical Officer
Atlantis Staff Member