Lt. Commander Serala: Conversations about the future

Jim Davis

Aug 28, 2019, 9:56:36 PM8/28/19
to USS Atlantis

((Captain’s Ready Room, Deck 1, about 10 minutes after Senior Staff Meeting))

Serala entered behind Captain Brell and Commander Thoran. The three moved over to the sitting area in the Ready Room and suddenly Serala felt her mouth drying up. She wasn’t very excited about what she was about to do, but she didn’t know what else she could do.

Brell/Thoran: Responses

Serala: Thank you, sir. And congratulations to you as well, Commander. The reason I asked for this meeting is that for the first time in my career, I am at a loss for what to do with myself. Career-wise, that is. Captain, as you are aware, Commander Telar stepped down from his post to allow Raga to take over the Tactical and Security Department, and later Toryn did the same for me. Now, I feel it is my turn, but I don’t really know where I would fit in to help serve the ship best. My minor at the Academy was in Comm/Ops, but we have sufficiently skilled personnel in that department already. I have considered Intel, mainly because that is what my father did, but again, I think Lieutenant Knight is probably ready to take over as head of that department even over Lieutenant Danara. It wouldn’t be right for me to step in and take over control from him. Same for the Marines. I’m not much of an engineer or scientist, so what role could I fill?

Brell/Thoran: Responses?

Serala: Yes, Captain and that is why I asked for him to be here. But, I have come to value your opinion over the last year and a half. Almost like a father figure to me. Your thoughts are invaluable to me.

Brell: Response

Serala: Well, there is more. In case you haven’t been told by now, I am pregnant and that also needs to be factored into any decisions I make regarding my career. Security is very dangerous. I don’t want my child to grow up without a mother as I had to do with my father.

Thoran: Response

Serala: My father was a Commander in Star Fleet Intelligence. He died when I was quite young while on a mission for them. His loss affected me greatly.

Brell: Response

Serala: :: taking hold of her dathe’anofvsen :: Yes, sir. There is. You remember after we recovered you from the Consortium that I had made a vow regarding you? Well, that vow had never been released and I am still obligated to it. Since you are going to be leaving me behind, it wouldn’t make much sense to allow that vow to stand. I need you to release me from it.

Brell: Response

Serala: It’s quite simple really. Take the honorblade and declare that you release me from my oath. I will then run my hand down it’s length to coat it in my blood. Then honor will be satisfied and the oath released.

Brell: Response

They performed the ritual rather quickly and Serala felt the weight of it lift from her shoulders. Then, on impulse and feeling very much like a little child saying goodbye to her daddy, Serala grabbed the big, blue Bolian and gave him a tremendous hug, forgetting how strong Romulans were compared to most races. She hugged him like this for several moments before protocol took back over and she stepped back, wiping tears from her eyes.

Serala: Forgive me, Captain. I am going to miss you, greatly.

Brell: Response

Thoran: Response

Serala: Thank you, sirs. Commander, we talk soon about your ideas.

Serala turned and left before she could demonstrate any further embarrassing outbursts of emotion.

((OOC: Please feel free to add or insert comments in other areas. This was just to get the conversation started. ))

Lt. Commander Serala
Chief of Tactical and Security
Atlantis Staff Member
Training Team Member