Lieutenant Serala: Mission Briefing Part 2 - Operation Jenatris Rescue

Jim Davis

Aug 9, 2018, 12:30:16 AM8/9/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Conference Room, Deck 1, U.S.S. Atlantis, Deep Space 26, One day after Serala’s Wedding ))

:: With the promotions, ribbons and new positions all announced Brell took his seat at the head of the conference table with a thud. ::

Brell: Three years ago in an effort to establish trade relations with the alpha and beta quadrants a convoy of Korri freighters left the expanse. During their passage through the Jenatris Corridor on the return trip for unknown reasons one of the ships lost their antimatter containment.

:: He tapped on the control pad on the the table and the holo emitters sprang to life. Displaying the massive Jenatris cloud made up of multitudes of nebulas nearly impassable and filled with gasses that caused strange, and unpredictable effects on humanoid bodies. The image zoomed into the corridor and sensor data from the Korri ships journey through it to DS26. ::

Brell: The lead ship was far enough in front of the explosion that it was able to return to DS26 though it was heavily damaged. According to their sensor data, when the third ship in convoy exploded it disturbed the various stellar debris in the corridor causing a chain reaction igniting the highly charged gas particles. The other two ships had no choice but to enter the Jenatris cloud to escape. We are their only chance, Atlantis has ventured into the cloud before and we should be able to counter most of the effects with the proper shield modulations. We won't be able to get a transporter target lock on anyone who has not been been tagged with an islonier tracker or has an activated Starfleet communicator beacon. That means we won’t be able to beam anyone onto the freighters and won’t be able to beam out survivors until we find and tag each one. The alternative of course would be get the ships out under their own power but we won't know the vessels’ statutes until we find them inside the cloud.

Raga/Williams: Responses

Brell: Each boarding team will be taking a shuttle to dock with each freighter, Atlantis will stay as close as we can and try to ensure neither ship drifts further into the cloud. And to beam back survivors or you all if things get worse. Korri ships won’t be able to stand being in there too long even more so if they are badly damaged.

Dermont: Response

Brell: There is something more. According to the the lead freighters records it looks like the ship that exploded had at least a few survivors. Unfortunately those pods went the into the opposite side of the cloud as the other two intact freighters. And they were propelled at much higher velocity than they were designed for thanks to the explosions of gasses in the corridor.

Williams: Response

Brell: They were going towards a trinary system believed to contain planetary bodies. That's why I want you leading that team, take Dr Cattan, Captain Logan, and Osiris.

Williams: Response

Brell: Serala and Raga you each lead one of the teams to the freighters. Your team members to be decided when we arrive each of you will have a marine and a medical officer along with someone who can handle technical issues you will encounter.

Serala: Aye, sir. oO Away team leader? Well, I am a Lieutenant now. I guess it makes sense. Oo

Raga: Response

Brell: Lieutenants Danara and Knight, I am making the sensor data and logs from the Korri freighter that made it to DS26 available to you.

Danara/Knight: Response

Brell: We depart the station in forty minutes, and will arrive at the coordinates the ships entered the cloud by noon tomorrow. Any questions?

::  Serala was sure she should have some, especially since she had never commanded an away mission before, but she just couldn’t think of any. She looked around to see if anyone else spoke up. ::

TAGS/TBC

--
Lt Serala, Assitant Chief of Security and Tactical
USS Atlantis NCC-76482