Lt Commander Serala: Could This Be Any More Embarrassing?

Jim Davis

May 11, 2020, 9:33:23 PM5/11/20
to USS Atlantis
(( OOC: I decided to try and bring a little humor to the briefing. You have been warned. :D ))
(( First Officer’s Office, Deck 2, USS Atlantis ))

Serala was sitting at her desk once more, but she wasn’t getting any work done today because T’Saara was being very fussy. She hadn’t been able to find anyone to look after her today, so she had decided to bring her to the office. Not much of a trip, certainly, considering the office was right next door to her new quarters.

Serala: :: in Romulan :: Little Bean, what’s wrong with you today? Mommy has to work.

T’Saara: :: fussily :: meakkaadda mea pppfffff waaa

Serala: But, I have work to do. We can do that later, what do you say?

T’Saara: wwaa waa maa baaa goom

Serala: Oh, Bean, I -

Thoran: =/\= Thoran to all senior staff. Briefing in ten minutes. =/\=

Serala: Wonderful. :: Looking over at T’Saara :: This is not going to go over very well.

She was only two minutes from the bridge. She spent six of her ten minutes calling all the people she could think of to look after her daughter, but they all seemed to be busy.

oO Well, Little Bean, looks like you get to attend your first staff meeting. Oo

Grabbing the baby carrier, she headed for the door and the bridge.

(( Observation Lounge, Deck 1, USS Atlantis - two minutes later ))

As she walked in, she could see several others already seated around the table. The Captain looked at her and she felt herself blush in embarrassment. No doubt, her cheeks were a brilliant olive green right now.

Thoran: Response

Serala: My apologies, sir. I couldn’t find a sitter on such short notice. Most of them are in this room.

Thoran / Any: Responses

She took her seat and set T’Saara near her on the table.

Serala: :: to T’Saara :: Now be a good girl for mommy.

Suddenly realizing that all eyes were on her, she felt the blush deepen.

Serala: Sorry. Not very professional of me.

Thoran: Response

Any: Responses

(( OOC: Willing to continue the embarrassment if anyone wishes ))

Thoran: Thank you all for being so prompt. Help yourself to the refreshments. Now I am sure you are all wondering why I have called you here. The Freeworlds Council are holding a trade conference on Illara Prime and have invited us to attend.

oO Interesting. Last time we were there, things were kind of interesting. And the last diplomatic mission before that didn’t end well. I wonder what this one has in store for us. Oo

Thoran: The purpose of this conference from what I understand is to bring together several different factions and establish new trade relations with the Freeworlds.

Any: Responses

Kiax: Do we know who else they’ve invited, besides ourselves?

Thoran: An excellent question. From what I have been able to ascertain the Freeworlds Council have invited representatives from the Caraadian Noble Houses, Ferengi Commerce Authority, Romulan Republic and even the Valcarian Imperial Republic.

oO Great. That means Mother will be there. How did I get so lucky? Oo

Kiax: Sounds like we’re up against some fairly aggressive competition. What have we got to bring to the negotiating table?

T’Saara: :: happily :: ggwwabble maaa fu

The blush returned and Serala looked over at her daughter rubbing her tummy.

Serala: I don’t think she was asking you, Little Bean. But thanks for the suggestion.

Any: Responses

Kiax: I can probably get my hands on some physical goods for us to use as trade samples before we leave. Just in case they want to inspect what we have before initiating trade… Currency might be a bit of an issue though.

Any: Responses

Serala: Since the Valcarians have been invited, sir, am I to understand that means Ambassador Dels’an? And if so, will she be travelling with us again, or does she have her own transport?

Thoran: Response

Any: Responses

Lt. Commander Serala

First Officer