Cmdr Brell - Try to relax, if you can.

Brell

Apr 14, 2018, 6:26:41 PM4/14/18
to Atlantis Sim group

((OOC: This sim takes place on day eighth of leave in the early evening hours.))

((Command Offices, Level 2, Central hub, DS26))

Brell: The most important thing you can answer for me, and to the inquiry board is why did you beam Ensign Serala to your ship? It was far more suspicious than anything else that could be investigated to have its true origins and revealed.

R’Val: Although it may have seemed a snap decision at the time, I assure you there were several reasons that came to mind instantly that seemed to warrant that response. First, Serala is Romulan. Half-Romulan, but it's the Romulan part that matters for now. Since Hobus, our numbers are dangerously low. We need every Romulan we can get. It's why they overlooked my treason to the Empire. It's why, when under normal circumstances a half-breed would be scorned, one could now achieve great success. If Starfleet was willing to throw her talents away on a mere accusation, I was going to use them for the Republic. Next, I have had great respect for the Federation system of justice every since I mated with an Intelligence Officer. I could not believe they would try to arrest someone without solid evidence. However, I knew there could be no evidence since she is not now, nor has she ever been, one of our operatives. In my eyes, she was as good as convicted. I was not going to let that stand. So, I thought to rescue her. That seemed like the most opportune time to do so. And, finally, she is my daughter. Despite what anyone might think, I do care about her welfare.

Brell: That, they just might understand.

Serala: Indeed. And as long as the J.A.G. isn't Vulcan, it might just be enough. Would you also be willing to testify that if you had decided to place agents here, they wouldn't be so obvious as your own daughter?

R’Val: Of course. However, since you mentioned Vulcans, there is a certain twisted logic in having you as an operative. As you said, it is obvious. Too obvious. So obvious, in fact, that no one would even suspect it. That is, until they found evidence pointing that direction. The only objection to that line of thought, however, is that my operatives are too well trained to make the kind of blunders you're accused of making.

Serala: Which are?

R'Val: If you don't know, then I can only assume it is being withheld from you for a reason. I will not interfere anymore than I already have. Ask your Commander.

::He looked to the young officer. She did deserve to know.::

Brell: A surveillance device has been tied to you, and some of what I consider to be circumstantial evidence as well that I’ve only been partially briefed on.

Serala: response

R'Val: Would you like me to record a video affidavit, or will I need to appear in person? As you may understand, I have quite a load of things to attend to on my own ship and I don't want to get tangled in what appears to be an internal Federation matter any more than I already am. I am also subject to the whim of Ambassador Jerek who could decide we need to travel someplace with hardly any advanced notice.

Brell: A recording should suffice, as long it is accompanied by the proper credentials embedded in the data.

R'Val: Then I shall prepare an affidavit and stay ready just in case I am needed to appear. Remember, however, that I am no longer a citizen of the Federation. If my own people have need of me, that must take priority over this. I trust you understand that, Commander?

Brell: We have established diplomatic relations with the Republic so it should not be difficult to submit an affidavit. I will let the JAG office know to expect it through your Ambassador.

R'Val: Then I shall take my leave for now. My ship should be docking any minute and I should be on-board.

Brell: Until we meet again Commander.

R'Val: Jolan'tru, Commander, Serala. =/\= Hteij'rhau =/\=

Brell: That was an interesting encounter.

Serala: :: snorts back a laugh :: Yes, sir. Seriously, though. I am confused. I have been released from the brig, but I would be surprised that, with the nature of the charges against me, I would be allowed to freely roamed around the station or Atlantis. So what are my current restrictions?

Brell: Your right to suspect, though you are innocent until proven guilty there are some restrictions. Your free to move about the starbase public areas and the habitat pods, it would be best to stay out of OPS and the security office. Attempting to leave this station would be seen as going AWOL. … Atlantis too is off limits, and your computer access will restricted to civilian level until you are cleared to return to duty.

oO It sounds so harsh. Oo

Brell: Atlantis is only open to repair teams at this time or else I’d be in my own ready room versus this office so don’t read too much into not having access to the ship.

Serala: response

Brell: I can try to get things moving quickly to get you back on duty, I expect the JAG will not mind that versus something drawn out.

Serala: response

Brell: You are dismissed … and Serala, try to do something to take your mind off things. Best not to let it consume you.

Serala: response

::As she left he wanted to tell her, he was certain she was going to be fine. But until he spoke to the JAG himself he could not make promises like that. For now it was the best advice he could give her. It was advice he needed to heed himself as he had done nothing but work since the they had been towed here. So far he had managed to sneak away long enough to take the twins to a few swim classes, and once going out to a fancy dinner with Hars and Lyldra. They had made good use of their evenings however. So at least there was that.::

Commander Brell - Commanding Officer

USS Atlantis NCC-74682

Academy Deputy Commandant

E239109B10