Ensign Serala: Time to Leave

Jim Davis

Mar 19, 2018, 11:43:21 PM3/19/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

((Sickbay, Deck 5, USS Atlantis, Docked at DS26))

EMH: Ensign, wake up. It's time for you to leave.

:: Serala lifted her head and looked at the red-headed hologram, irritation mixed with concern evident in her face. ::

Serala: Why do I have to leave? You haven't kicked me out yet. Why now?

:: She knew she sounded like a petulant child, but she didn't care. Her friend was in a coma and she wanted to stay right here until he woke up. ::

EMH: Because, Ensign, we will be arriving at DS26 in an hour and I need to prep the patient for transfer and for surgery. Unless, of course, it is your desire to keep him here in this state perpetually.

Serala: Of course. I didn't realize how long I had been here. Sorry, doctor.

EMH: Not to worry. I have been programmed to understand such behavior. Now, if you'll excuse me, I really do need to prep the patient.

:: That irritated her, hearing Toryn referred to in such clinical terminology. ::

oO The Patient. He has a name. Oo

Serala: Toryn. His name is Toryn. Or Raga.

EMH: :: smiling in understanding :: Of course. :: Sensing Serala's reluctance to leave she added :: I will have you updated as soon as the surgery is completed.

Serala: Thank you, doctor. He's my best friend, and I don't have many. I need him to be alright.

EMH: You should go now. He'll be well looked after.

:: Nodding, she left the sickbay and headed for her quarters. ::

(( Temporary Quarters, Habitat Pod 3, Deep Space 26 ))

:: Serala dropped her bags on her bunk and was preparing to head to the medical ward when she received notice that a transmission was incoming for her. With a sigh, she turned toward the communications terminal. ::

Serala: Computer, playback transmission.

Ensign Serala, Security Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-76482
A239412S10