Ensign Serala: Preparations and ideas.

Jim Davis

Mar 10, 2018, 3:14:46 PM3/10/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Deck 10, En route to the Torpedo Bay, USS Atlantis))

Serala: You Engineers get me power any way you can. There is already a temporary patch from sickbay that will give me two shots, which I plan to make 4 torpedoes. I want more just in case.

    Ensign Knight, since you know how to find a cloaked ship, once the targeting sensors have power, your job will be to find them for me. Until then, you and I will be manually arming and loading torpedoes.

Knight: Know is a strong word, more of an educated guess.

Yelchin: Then, what's the point. I mean, if you can't find them, why are we going through this trouble? The warp core is on the verge of a breach. They could use or help!.

Serala: Quite simply, Ensign, payback is a dish best served cold. And it is very cold in space.

:: A sly smile creepy over her face at that thought. Then, she took off at a trot, hurrying to get things up and running before the enemy escaped. ::

(( Torpedo Bay, Deck 10 ))

::Once they reached the doors to the Torpedo Bay, Yelchin produced a manual door opener, and they forced the doors open. ::

Serala: :: Entering :: Alright people. We've got work to do. Let's get to it! Let's teach those bastards a lesson!

Yelchin: Aye, Ensign. Come on, Pics.

:: Together, the two of them headed for the main power panels and got took work. Serala turned to the torpedo control station. ::

oO Minimum power, thanks to Jann. It will be enough to fire with. Hopefully, they can get me targeting sensors, but that's a stretch. Oo

:: With a sigh, she moved over to help Knight move the torpedoes into the tubes and arm them. She set her two torpedoes to proximity fuse. Useful when you can't see your enemy, but have a general idea where he is. ::

oO Boats! Boats leave a wake. Here in the Expanse, ship's leave a wake also. They HAVE to be moving slowly, or theirs would be visible to Commander Williams! That's how we'll find them! Oo

Knight: Ensign Serala start working on arming these two, I’ve got an idea I need to work on.

Serala: Does it have anything to do with boats and their wakes? Just find me that ship, and I'll treat you to a round of drinks when we get to DS26.

Knight: Yelchin, what is the status on our power?

Yelchin: It wasn't bad. Should be using auxiliary power in about one minute. Looks like the core had been ejected.

Knight: Good

Serala: Great, Yelchin. Once that's done, see what you can do about getting me targeting sensors.

Yelchin: Yes Ma'am.

Knight: =/\= Knight to Cmdr. Williams. We need a favor down here. =/\=

Williams: =/\= Response =/\=

:: She finished arming the other two torpedoes, standard fuses - they would be the second volley once the first two had helped pinpoint the enemy's exact location - then moved back to the tactical panel. At just that moment, Yelchin and Pics managed to get the power up and her console came to life. ::

Serala: Bless the Elements! Good work you two. Now, I need eyes.

Yelchin: On it, Ma'am.

Knight: Response

Ensign Serala, Security Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-76482