Lt JG Serala: Things are starting to get busy

Jim Davis

May 28, 2018, 6:25:49 PM5/28/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Bridge, Deck 1, USS Atlantis, in orbit around Lydor V ))

Serala: Captain, my sensors are detecting movement coming from the asteroid belt. I can't get a clear reading on it, but it appears to be a small vessel of some kind… Hold on… It just disappeared. I'm going to scan that area with the new sensor algorithm.

Cattan: I can’t see anything strange here… yet it is strange and suspicious

Brell: Are they cloaked?

Serala: Yes, sir. It appears to be working. I am detecting movement still headed toward the planet. I would need to emit a tachyon or polaron burst to confirm their presence, but they are there. We're too far away for that right now anyway.

Brell: Were you able to get a structural recognition match on the vessel?

Serala: Unclear at this point, sir. I can only tell that their trajectory is toward Lydor V.

Brell: Do you have an ETA? I’d like time to catch them off guard if possible.

Serala: They are moving fairly slow, possibly to appear something other than what they are, but I estimate they will reach the planet in approximately 15 minutes.

Brell: The Observer is too slow to hide and poorly armed. Move us as close as possible to them we don't know what this incoming ship will d when they find that there are others here in their little hidden mining spot.

Gixu: response

Cattan: let’s hope we can avoid conflict for as long as possible.

::The fifteen minutes time window closed without any appearance of a ship decloaking. It was quickly clear if they were here they were hidden out there somewhere. Serala was getting annoyed. Apparently, they had stopped moving, or were drifting slowly, because her program was no longer detecting them. ::

Brell:  We need a way to tell if something cloaked entered the atmosphere … a wake of stellar particles anything. Relay with The Observer.  Their sensors should be able to assist greatly.

Serala: Aye, sir. :: Opening a hailing frequency. :: =/\= Atlantis to The Observer. Can you tell if anything has entered the atmosphere in the last several minutes, possibly under cloak? =/\=

Cattan: No aliens detected near the away teams captain.

The Observer: =/\= Stand by, Atlantis. This may take us a few minutes. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged. =/\=

Gixu: Response

:: Serala turned to her own scanners and examined them. She turned back her recordings and watched them, posting particular attention to the planet's atmosphere. ::

Raga: =/\= There's definitely something down here Atlantis. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Can you be more specific, Lieutenant? =/\=

Raga: =/\= Something's scattering the scans from my tricorder, but I can hear a lot. Something's moving in the next section of passages. Mechanical sounds, there's machines of some kind and I...oh by the branch...=/\=

oO Toryn. If you get yourself hurt again, I will skewer you. Oo

Serala: =/\= What? Lieutenant, report. What is happening? =/\=

Raga: =/\= Spider bots....we just saw one rush past us...and it's bigger than the ones that attacked us. =/\=

oO No! Oo

Logan: =/\= Response =/\=

McKnight: =/\= Response =/\=

Raga: =/\= Captain, shall we proceed? =/\=

Brell: Response

The Observer: =/\= The Observer to Atlantis. We have been able to confirm that something did disturb the planet's atmosphere, although our sensors were unable to detect any vessels, possibly due to a cloaking device. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged, The Observer. =/\=  Captain, The Observer confirms something entered the atmosphere, but they did not detect a vessel, possibly confirming a cloaking device.

Brell: Response

Lt JG Serala, Security Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-76482
A239412S10