Ensign Thalas th'Koro - What a Serene Evening...

Nathaniel Lawton

Sep 19, 2020, 12:48:32 PM9/19/20
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Atlantis

((Holodeck 2, Deck 5, USS Atlantis, In orbit around Illara Prime))

{{Time Index: Day 12 of Shoreleave, Evening}}

Snow: He was. I remember when he would come home. My brother and I would race to the fireplace just to listen to them. I even kept a journal of all the places I’d like to visit from his stories. On one side I would write what I thought the planet would be like and on the other side I left blank, so I could fill that part in when I visited and experienced the planet.

th’Koro: ::with a tinge of sadness:: That sounds... brilliant.

Snow: It was ::she smiled:: Any places you’d like to visit other than Betazed?

He contemplated the question mulling it over in his mind. He had never really held much of a wishlist of places. He was more interested in the experiences rather than the places.

th’Koro: Not really ::cocks head slightly:: I just want to see where the long road takes me. I have faith... of the heart. ::he briefly taps his chest::

He took a moment to think about what to say next. On occasions he found it hard to make conversation, especially with the view in front of him.

th’Koro: Mind you, I’m vehemently against visiting a Unimatrix. ::laughs slightly:: Not exactly my cup of tea.

Snow: ::she nodded:: I definitely agree with you there.

th’Koro: I just thought I would tell you. This has been great. Unexpected. But nevertheless great.

Snow: ::smiles:: I also agree with you on that. This has been really nice. I’m glad you joined me.

He was glad too. It had been something he hadn’t anticipated to enjoy as much as he did. The setting had really helped to keep everything tranquil. The quiet contemplation of life was incredibly pleasant following on from the trauma of the previous mission.

Snow: Well I guess I should be going. Although you’re welcome to stay and enjoy of course, but I for one would like to change into something less wet. ::she smiled, standing up:: Thank you for the company and feel free to drop by any time if you’d like to chat or something. ::smiles sincerely::

th’Koro: I sure will... it’d be my pleasure. Have an enjoyable evening ::he smiled as she left::

Thalas waited a few minutes in his damp clothes, quietly observing the scenery. This was his favourite kind of place and it was plaintively obvious to him. As the time ticked by, he grew cold as his clothes began to dry and finally decided to head back to his quarters. Sleep was easy and near as he laid back in his bed...

[[END]]

Ensign Thalas th’Koro

Science Officer

USS Atlantis (NCC-74682)