Lt JG Serala: How to find a cloaked ship?

Jim Davis

May 8, 2018, 1:40:16 PM5/8/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Tactical Station, Bridge, Deck 1, USS Atlantis, before Atlantis leaves DS26 but after the briefing ))

Serala: Computer, freeze. :: Quietly, to herself :: What did she see that I am missing? I guess I am just going to have to ask her.

oO I could probably run my wake theory by her also. Oo

Serala: =/\= Serala to Ensign Sotak. Could I appropriate some of your time? I need your assistance with something. =/\=

Sotak: =/\= Response =/\=

Serala: =/\= Very well. I will meet you in Science Lab 1 in a few minutes. =/\=

:: Since the ship was not yet underway, the tactical station did not need to be manned at all times, so Serala headed toward the turbolift. ::

(( A few minutes later, Science Lab 1, Deck 5, USS Atlantis ))

Serala: Ensign. Thank you for your time. I have some questions about how you were able to detect the cloaked ship while you were on the Farrow. I've been going over the sensor data we downloaded from all the shuttles, and I'm just missing it.

Sotak: Response

Serala: I am simply trying to ensure that I never let another cloaked vessel sneak up on me again. I don't know if you are aware of it out not, but I was the tactical officer on duty when the attack began. I don't want a repeat.

Sotak: Response

Serala: Thank you. If you could be as detailed as possible, I would appreciate it.

Sotak: Response

:: Serala listened as the Vulcan explained her interpretation of the sensor readings and how she came to her conclusions. ::

oO Of course. So obvious if you know what to look for. Oo

Serala: I have another theory I want to run by you. Have you ever watched a boat in the water, perhaps while the Academy? Well, you know that they leave a trail, a wake, wherever they go. The faster they go, the bigger the wake. The  Expanse is full of cosmic dust and debris. Wouldn't a cloaked ship in the Expanse leave a similar wake? And how could I adjust the sensors detect such a wake?

Sotak: Response

Serala: Thank you, Ensign. You have been most helpful.

Sotak: Response.

Lt JG Serala, Security Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-76482
A239412S10