Ensign Elizabeth Snow - I Know That Feeling

Elizabeth Snow

Sep 22, 2020, 6:52:31 PM9/22/20
to sb118-a...@googlegroups.com

((Sickbay Complex, Deck 5, USS Atlantis, In orbit of Earth))

{{Time Index: Day 25 of Shoreleave, Morning}}

Snow: Alright. Let me know if it becomes too much, but as I recall from the last visit, you have a pretty high tolerance for pain. ::Smiles::

She lowered her shirt and laid her hands on the table with a grin.

Rosek: Comes with the job. I was pretty much on my own as a kid. Had to learn to toughen up quick.

Snow: I have seen you out and about with a little girl. Is she your daughter?

She recalled a few times seeing them around the ship on her walks. Elizabeth hoped the Commander didn't mind a personal question.

Rosek: ::smiles and nods:: My partner and I adopted her recently. She turned nine years old this month.

Snow: Awe! What a beautiful blessing. ::smiles::

Rosek: ::grins:: She really has been a blessing. I was designated her guardian a few years ago when her mother and grandmother both passed. Chythar and I fell in love with her from the moment we met her.

Elizabeth's heart broke for the little girl. Sad situation. But at least the girl was placed in the care of people who loved her unconditionally. She hadn't seen Lael with anyone other than Maddy on their outings, so she assumed maybe he worked elsewhere.

Snow: I assume it must be a bit difficult for your family not being able to be together. Where is your partner stationed?

Rosek: It’s been a bit rough. He serves aboard the Veritas out in the Shoals. We get the occasional video call or two when the tetryon interference permits it and, of course, letters. But he’s an amazing father. Maddy just adores him.

The conversation had reminded Elizabeth of her childhood, when her mother and father both worked different places. Her father among the stars and her mother on Betazed with her and her brother. So she knew what that felt like.

Snow: ::smiles:: Awe That's sweet. I'm sure you both miss him dearly. My brother and I spent most of our time with our mother on Betazed while our father was off exploring the stars on the many different starships he served aboard during his time with Starfleet. So I can understand what you all are going through.

Rosek: Response

Elizabeth sat the dermal regenerator asside.

Snow: He was. He went on to Captain the USS Expedition for some time before he retired. I always loved when we were able to visit or the occasional video call. I looked forward to hearing about the different things he had been up to. ::smiles::

Rosek: Response

Snow: It was a bit difficult not having him around. It made our time with him that much more special. I'm finished. How does it feel now?

Rosek: Response

(( OOC: We can stop here or feel free to continue on :) ))

Ensign Elizabeth Snow
Medical Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-74682
D238803EH0