Lieutenant Serala: Let the fun begin!

Jim Davis

Aug 29, 2018, 10:35:00 PM8/29/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Shuttle B’Hala, Main Shuttlebay, Deck 10, U.S.S. Atlantis ))

:: As her team board the shuttle, she took the co-pilot’s seat leaving the pilot seat open for Lt. Spurlocke. He was a superior pilot compared to her, and she much preferred his skill to her own in an area as treacherous as the Cloud. ::

Serala: Begin pre-flight checks, Lieutenant. I want to get underway as soon as possible.

:: Next to her, she could see the new shuttle, Elysium, lift off and begin toward the force screen that kept space out. ::

Spurlocke: Yes, Sir.

Raga: =/\= Shuttle Elysium to Shuttle B'Hala.=/\=

Serala: =/\= B’Hala, go ahead Elysium. =/\=

Raga: =/\= Good luck, Serala. May the winds blow in our favor. See you all when this is done. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Thank you, sir. Jolan’tru. =/\=

Spurlocke: =/\= This is the B’Hala to the Elysium, lets keeps those winds to a minimum. The cloud is bad enough to pilot without them. =/\=

Raga: =/\= Elysium out. =/\=

:: They soon had their pre-flights done and received clearance from the bridge to depart. No sooner were they clear of the shuttlebay, than Raga began a series of stunts and rolls over and around the B’Hala. She couldn’t repress her smirk when he was summarily chastised by Commander Tel-ar on the bridge. ::

Serala: :: Looking to the Marine. :: Thank you for not biting on the bait, Lieutenant.

Spurlocke: Don’t thank me yet, the mission is still young.

(( Shuttle B’Hala, Jenatris Cloud, en route to Korri Freighter ))

Spurlocke: Good afternoon ladies and gents this is your cap…….pilot speaking. Our destination is only short hop away and I just wanted to inform everyone that under each of your seats is small pack with a spare phaser cell, med kit, light source, emergency transponder and a small portable anti-grav stabilizer which should assist you quite comfortably if you need to move any injured Korri. Our boarding method is still unknown so I ask that occupants remain flexible and thank you for choosing Spurlocke Lines.

oO I think I am beginning to understand why he was busted down. Oo

Termine: Can I speak to the captain? I didn’t get my in-flight dinner yet and the movie is just awful!

Malko: In the event of an emergency, please place your head between your legs, and take a sip from secret your ankle flask…

Serala: We should be at the ship in a few minutes. I am reading numerous hull breaches. We’ll need to be careful. I am only detecting twenty-three life signs onboard, but I can’t get an exact lock on where they are located. Power levels appear to be only enough to maintain life support. There is a higher power reading in one of the cargo bays. That might be a good place to start looking. Lieutenant, see if you can find a place to dock near that cargo bay..

Spurlocke:  Will do, what do the sensors say about the ships gravity? Is it still active or will my anti-grav training come in handy?

Termine: The whole ship is blown apart but there’s power being shunted all over the place like crazy. There will be some gravity but don’t expect it to be everywhere. Also, you might get one or two high-G spots where the grav- plating is being overpowered. It’s going to be like a funhouse in there. Also, please don’t open anything unless you KNOW there is atmosphere on the other side. I don’t want one of you to be blown out.

Serala: Great idea.

Malko: I agree, no-one should be off on their own - if possible.

Spurlocke: :: Looking over to Serala :: How would you feel about the aft section over there? I know it’s not the cargo bay but it will be much smoother to dock over there as opposed to the cargo bay.

Serala: Sounds good, Lieutenant. Make it so.

Spurlocke: Good copy.

:: Maneuvering the shuttle to the only intact docking ring on the aft section, Serala had to admit the Marine was doing a far better job piloting than she. Especially when she felt the shuttle gently bump the docking port on the freighter. She heard the manual docking mechanisms slide into place and began to secure the shuttle. ::

Spurlocke: We have arrived at our destination.

Serala: Thank you, Mr. Spurlocke. Gather your gear and let’s get that hatch open gentlemen, and let’s see what we’re dealing with.

Malko: Response

:: Together the team pulled at a heavily oxidized manual release hatch beside a round opening on the skin of the vessel, now accessible through the open back hatch of the B’hala. There was a hiss of gas being released and the small circular doorway rolled out of place. Immediately the smell of ozone and smoke billowed into the craft. ::

:: Termine activated a flashlight and beamed its light to the interior to reveal metallic carnage, twisted bulkheads and still-soaking cables. ::

Termine: After you?

oO I sure hope he’s joking! Oo

:: Quickly gauging his facial expressions, she decided he was. ::

Serala: Now, now, Mr. Termine. It would be completely selfish of me to deny you the right to be the first to board the ship. Don’t worry, the Marine and I will be right behind you to protect you if some nasty Korri mistakes you for a piece of kelp.

Termine: Response

Serala: Phasers on stun, and keep them at your waist. No need to make them think we’re hostile. Mr. Termine, if you could get a lock on the nearest life signs and lead us toward them, it would be much appreciated.

Termine: Response

:: It didn’t take long for them to reach the cargo bay. Once Termine indicated that there was atmosphere on the other side, she nodded at him to open the door. Once it was opened, however, she was unprepared for what she saw. ::

(( OOC: Okay guys, time to get creative here. Let’s see what we can come up with. And let’s have fun! ))

--
Lt Serala, Assitant Chief of Security and Tactical
USS Atlantis NCC-76482