Lt JG Serala: Eyes and Ears everywhere

Jim Davis

May 23, 2018, 1:43:43 PM5/23/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Tactical Station, Bridge, Deck 1, USS Atlantis, in orbit around Lydor V ))

:: As soon as they were in orbit around the planet the away teams began beaming down. They must have been eager, since they all left within minutes of each other and the last was only a short few minutes behind the first. In a way, Serala envied them, but she was absolutely blissful at the same time since she was going to be at Tactical for this mission, responsible for monitoring the condition of the away teams, scanning the system for rogue vessels, and remaining vigilant in the event that Atlantis should come into a dangerous situation. ::

Serala: All aways teams have successfully arrived in the planet, Captain.

Brell: Response

Raga: =/\= Raga to Atlantis. =/\=

:: Hearing his voice made her hearts skip a beat, but she forced her emotions aside. ::

oO No time for that. There's a mission in progress. Besides, he has a mate now. He doesn't want you like that. Oo

Serala: =/\= Atlantis, go ahead Lieutenant. =/\=

Raga: =/\= We're proceeding to the theorized point of illegal mining. The tunnels so far seem natural. And are starting to get a bit more narrow. We'll contact you again if we find anything. Raga out. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged. Keep this channel open, Lieutenant. =/\=

:: She continued to watch her sensor readouts as she listened to the various communications from the away team. It was almost good as being on one of the teams, because with the channel opened, she could hear even their passive conversations. Which, of course, was the point. She would have advanced notice if anything went wrong. Such as when Raga's team was suddenly beset by a cave-in resulting from tremors caused by a nearby explosion, presumably the result of the unauthorized mining they were looking for. She chuckled when Commander Tel-ar muttered about not wanting to sleep the mud. ::

oO What did he expect? They are evolved frogs. Where else would they sleep? Oo

:: That was about the time she noticed the blip on her sensor screen. ::

Serala: Captain, my sensors are detecting movement coming from the asteroid belt. I can't get a clear reading on it, but it appears to be a small vessel of some kind… Hold on… It just disappeared. I'm going to scan that area with the new sensor algorithm.

Brell: Response

Serala: Yes, sir. It appears to be working. I am detecting movement still headed toward the planet. I would need to emit a tachyon or polaron burst to confirm their presence, but they are there. We're too far away for that right now anyway.

Brell: Response

Serala: Unclear at this point, sir. I can only tell that their trajectory is toward Lydor V.

Brell: Response

Serala: They are moving fairly slow, possibly to appear something other than what they are, but I estimate they will reach the planet in approximately 15 minutes.

Brell: Response

Lt JG Serala, Security Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-76482
A239412S10