Lieutenant Serala: Time to get the Captain back

Jim Davis

Dec 29, 2018, 8:57:07 PM12/29/18
to USS Atlantis
(( Bridge, Deck 1, USS Atlantis ))

:: The doors to the turbolift opened again and Serala watched Toryn climb from the well onto the deck. A smirk crossed her lips, knowing he probably had enjoyed a climb that anyone else would have dreaded. Anyone with sense, that was. Of course, he was lucky that someone didn’t clobber him with a turbolift. Anyone with codes could access them again. Case in point, Nurse Avae had only just left moments ago. ::

Raga: Under normal circumstances that might have been fun.

oO Next time I’ll have to ice it down for him, since he likes climbing in the cold. Oo

Serala: Only you would think so, Commander. Though, you might want to stay out of the turboshafts. People are getting their codes and using them again. If you had been just a minute or two sooner, you might have been killed by Ensign Avae heading back to sickbay.

Raga: Needed to get the codes for my teams. And to find out why the Captain's in the brig.

Serala: We suspected, based on the internal sensors bio-readings of him, that the individual was an imposter. A suspicion that Lieutenant Maeli has just confirmed for us.

Williams: Its bad commander, really bad. ::There was a brief pause as the XO turned to the helm:: You are absolutely sure it was Brell?

Maeli: Yes, sir. I am certain it was him. He said something about Bolarus, as if he was being forced to reply, then said to get out his head. It was that command that startled me so much that I snapped back to myself. I couldn’t understand how he would know that I was there. But he might not have known. It might have been a reaction to the torture.

Raga: Branch. The abduction, an asteroid that's not an asteroid, that is. A fake captain. Anyone else feel like we're being played by some familiar enemies again?

Williams: But why? And Who? Forget the who,  probably our one nemesis in this area.

Serala: I for one, want to know how they are always able to stay one step ahead of us. And how they are constantly able to defeat my security and tactical skills. This is twice now that I have been at Tactical and they have attacked us in some way. How many more lives is it going to take to put a stop to this threat?!

Williams: Don’t blame yourself Serala, if we had activated the shields in time we might have saved the captain… Can we reach him somehow?

oO Yes, and you can try to take the blame for it all you want, Commander, since you overrode my suggestion to do exactly that, but regulations are quite clear and I should have raised the shields anyway. It’s always easier to get forgiveness than permission. Oo

Maeli: Using my telepathy like that generally goes against all my principals, Commander. And it is risky. There is an increasing risk of neural decay or shock the longer I am inside someone’s mind. Not to mention being extremely painful. However, if you think it necessary, I am willing.

Raga: You can't say this doesn't feel like the Consortium. How's Ensign Kiliak?

Serala: No word yet from the EMH. Seems medical may be a bit short staffed right now.

Williams: OK, so summarizing. We have a missing captain, a fake imposter in sickbay, a sabotage attempt on deck 11 was it? Our response so far was a comm with was ignored, and we now have Logan looking for an opening in that asteroid. Anything I’m missing?

Maeli: What happened to Jo, Commander Raga?

Raga: Not sure, but before the device's booby trap tried to kill her and disable everyone in the room she mentioned it was some sort of quantum entanglement device meant for encrypted data transmission. She removed it, but she thinks there's a secondary device on the ship, likely  in the computer core.

Serala: I’m on it, sir. =/\= Serala to Ensign Hyden. Report to the main computer core. Bring an engineer with you. We have reason to believe there is another device there. Find it and disarm it. =/\=

Hyden: =/\= Acknowledged, Sir! =/\=

Williams: I have a feeling they won’t like us taking out their toys. They might get angry and use that against the captain. I guess we have to get him back now or never… Hate to say this but then it comes down to you Maeli… If you are able.

Serala: I agree, sir. It is time to get him back. As for Maeli, if she thinks she can safely make contact with the Captain again, then I say we let her try. Let him know we’re coming so that the torture won’t be so hard to bear.

:: It was self-serving, she knew. She had just witnessed the potential consequences of the Rodulan’s telepathy, and Maeli had warned them repeatedly of the dangers, but Serala needed Brell back safely and if that meant risking the lives of everyone else on this ship, she would be okay with that. ::

--
Lieutenant Serala
Chief of Tactical and Security