Lt Commander Serala: You are still my best friend, even if I want to kill you

Jim Davis

May 14, 2019, 10:31:12 PM5/14/19
to USS Atlantis

(( Sickbay, Deck 5, USS Atlantis, Day 2 of Shore Leave))

:: Serala paused outside the door to sickbay. She hadn’t been sure she was even going to come here at all. Her emotions about Raga were just so conflicted. She was relieved he was alive. Grateful. She was furious about what had been done to him. Furious. Her best friend was back. Overjoyed. He had pulled another stunt. Furious again. He had paid dearly for it. Heartbroken for him. There was nothing she could do to make it better. Helpless. He may have done it because of her. Angry at herself and Furious at him. Again. In the end, he was her friend and she couldn’t go without at least dropping by. The only real question was which one of these emotions should she let him see? Not the Rage. Too soon for that. But the time was coming when he would get a large dose of it. She stepped closer and the door slid open to allow her to enter. ::

:: She took a quick glance around the sickbay and the number of her fellow officers here distressed her. After all, the mission plan had been hers. She was glad that there had been no fatalities, but to see the Rodulan helmsman, the human Intelligence Officer, Captain Logan. All the beds were full. Of course, sickbay was small and there was only 5 beds total, counting the ICU bed, where Raga was. He was awake and talking with Logan. The conversation was low, but her keen hearing could still pick out the conversation. She approached silently, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. Yet. ::

Logan: I know, they took him once from us before, we were hard pushed to get him back then.

Raga: It's more than that. I hadn't served with him then, but I knew the Captain had already been captured by the Consortium again. I couldn't let that happen twice, now that I was on board. ::He looked down at his ribs, which ached horribly:: People got hurt trying to bring me back. Someone could have died. My life isn't worth anyone else's.

Serala: Depends on the point of view :: she interjected as she approached :: Of course, we did have some that tried to get themselves killed just to prove it. Despite being ordered not to.

Logan: You’re worth what your friends are willing to pay

:: Logan laid his hand on her shoulder then walked off, apparently to give them some privacy. She did note that the Antosian nurse seemed to intercept his leaving. ::

Serala: :: leaning down to speak softly enough for his acute hearing, even sharper than her own, to hear her. :: I don’t know whether to hug you or break your neck. Or both. I can’t seem to lock myself down onto one emotion regarding you, right now.

Raga: Response

Serala: Of course I am glad you’re alive and safe. I put the mission together to rescue you. With Commander Williams’ assistance, of course. I would do anything to rescue someone under my charge as Head of Security on this ship. Even more so for my friends. And you are still my best friend, even if part of me wants to kill you right now.

Raga: Response

Serala: We’ll talk about that later, when you’re more recuperated. For now, I am glad you are safe and alive. I do want to know one thing, though.

Raga: Response

Serala: Correct. Was any part of your actions influenced by what I told you about my oath? Did I drive you to do this reckless thing?

Raga: Response

Lt. Commander Serala
Chief of Tactical and Security
Atlantis Staff Member