Lieutenant Serala: Assuring the new guy

Jim Davis

Jan 6, 2019, 9:34:33 PM1/6/19
to USS Atlantis

(( Sickbay, Deck 5, USS Atlantis ))

Serala: Someone help. The Captain is unconscious. And we also need to verify that this is indeed the real Captain. This could be another decoy.

Any Medical Staff: Response

Serala: Thank you. And could you find someone to take a look at my leg, when they have a chance. It just needs an osteo-regenerator followed by a dermal regenerator, but until then I don’t think I’ll be doing much walking. Seems to be a multiple compound fracture with laceration.

Same Medical Staff: Response

Serala: Take care of him first. I am needed back on the bridge, but the Captain is more important.

Same Medical Staff: Response

:: Serala sat on the biobed, then moved to layback while she waited her turn for treatment. Meanwhile, her emotions were mixed and troubled. The Captain was back...maybe. But Raga was missing now. Her best friend, despite the recent tension between them, and she felt helpless to get him back. The ship was crippled and all indications were that the asteroid had gone to warp with him onboard. By the time they got themselves back in working order, the asteroid could be anywhere. ::

oO For the second time today, I have failed. Perhaps I should consider resigning from Security and Tactical and find a different field to work in. Maybe I should go into Intelligence, like father. I’m not very good at the Sciences and Engineering, so those would be out. I doubt I would make a good counselor. Even assuming I didn’t need to spend years in training for the job. There are the Marines, but if I can’t handle Security, what makes me think I can handle being a Marine? Oo

Same Medical Staff: Response

:: Serala noticed that her newest Ensign had gotten up off of a biobed and had made her way over to where she lay. ::

Hyden: Hey Boss sorry I let you down. I have one heck of a headache and I think that slamming into the bulkhead didn’t help me. All I remember other then that is I had almost deactivated the device that’s when it all went dark.

Serala: You did you job, Ensign. That’s what matters to me. Injuries are sometimes part of the job in this field. The main thing is that we have the Captain back. At least, it seems as if he’s back. He could be another imposter.

Hyden: Well seems like I’ve missed a lot. I really want to get back to duty, but I don’t feel like I’m going to be up to the task till Medical actually checks me out.

Serala: You’re definitely not going anywhere until Medical clears you. And don’t worry. You’re doing fine. Just remember one thing, Ensign. If I am not yelling at you in Romulan, you are doing at least a decent job. So far, I would say you are doing exemplary.

Hyden: Well I appreciate it makes me feel better after what happened I feel like I let the crew down after what happened. I’ve always given 110% but now it feels like I’ve given half that.

Serala: Ensign, you remind me much of myself. A habitual overworker. Relax. If you are not doing your job well, I will let you know.

Hyden: Well I may overwork, but I consider my job the top priority when I’m on duty. This ship and crew is part of my responsibility and because of it, I train harder each and every day. My Bat’leth is displayed in my quarters for more than personal reasons.

Serala: Commendable. I, too, train in the martial arts. I have my own Romulan dathe’anovfsen which I train with. Perhaps we should spar sometime. Right now, I suggest you get back to your bed so medical can treat you.

Hyden: You’re probably right I should go lay back down. I’ll be back on duty soon I hope, as soon as I’m fit I’ll report!

Serala: You do that.

:: Serala lay there waiting her turn. She took turns alternating her thoughts between those of her own failures, and thoughts about how this fresh Ensign considered herself to have failed. ::

oO Much like me, indeed. She’s too hard on herself, though. Oo

:: Serala noticed that Ensign Avae had freed herself from the Captain and was making her way over to Serala. ::

Avae: Response

Serala: Yes, I was flipped over the railing on the bridge when the torpedoes hit us and landed badly. I think it is a multiple compound fracture with laceration….

Avae: Response

:: Serala couldn’t help smiling at the mild rebuke. After all, she couldn’t fathom the idea of a doctor coming to the bridge to tell her how to evade and return fire against an enemy vessel. ::

Serala: Yes, ma’am.

Avae: Response

Serala: So, is it the Captain?

Avae: Response

:: Serala breathed a sigh of relief. It was him. Raga had brought him home. Of course, he had been captured himself. As Avae treated her leg with the osteo-regenerator, she noticed that Hyden was getting off the biobed, this time being released by the Medtech that had treated her. Serala signalled her to come over, not that she thought it would be necessary. Very likely, the young woman would have come over on her own. ::

Hyden: Response

Serala: Yes, go to the bridge and take over at Tactical. Last I knew, Commander Williams was manning that station, but he needs to focus on running the ship.

Hyden: Response

Serala: Of that, I have no doubt.

:: She watched the young woman depart in excitement and remembered when Commander Tel-ar had first allowed her a watch at Tactical. Of course, that day had ended in great tragedy. She just hoped Hyden would have a different outcome. ::

Avae: Response

Serala: Just thinking of the first time I was allowed to man the Tactical station. How much longer here, Doc? I need to get back to work.

Avae: Response

TAGS ( Hyden, Avae )
-----
Lieutenant Serala
Chief of Tactical and Security
Atlantis Staff Member
Training Team Member
USS Atlantis NCC-74682
A239412S10

Jim Davis

Jan 6, 2019, 10:13:20 PM1/6/19
to USS Atlantis
(( OOC: Captain Brell and I cross-posted a little while ago, so I did a re-write here. ))

(( Sickbay, Deck 5, USS Atlantis ))

Serala: Someone help. The Captain is unconscious. And we also need to verify that this is indeed the real Captain. This could be another decoy.

EMH: I understand Lieutenant, we have our hands full here … :: She brushed her hair out of her holographic face tucking it behind her ears. ::  which is why I was activated.

Serala: Thank you. And could you find someone to take a look at my leg, when they have a chance. It just needs an osteo-regenerator followed by a dermal regenerator, but until then I don’t think I’ll be doing much walking. Seems to be a multiple compound fracture with laceration.

EMH: Triage states a broken bone is more important than determining intensity.

Serala: Take care of him first. I am needed back on the bridge, but the Captain is more important.

EMH: A compromise, sit down let me scan the Captain, and you will be next. This ship needs its chief of tactical and security to be at her best right now not doubling over in pain because she accidently put too much weight on her broken limb.

[...]

EMH: I will be over to you soon Ensign to see if we can do just that, until then indeed rest yourself.

Hyden: response

Serala: So, is it the Captain?

EMH: I can confirm this is the Captain, there is something that concerns me greatly however. :: She turned to the wall monitor and brought up the internal scans of Brell ::

:: Serala breathed a sigh of relief. It was him. Raga had brought him home. Of course, he had been captured himself. ::

Serala: What is it, Doctor? What is wrong?

EMH: I don't know what it is or how to remove it without causing him brain damage. The best I can tell it's some sort of implanted brain transmitter though it clearly does more than just that. I suggest getting Danara up here from what I can tell this is modified from romulan brain probes. As you know the Expanse was once a place of importance to the Empire and the Tal-shiar did a good deal of work here. No doubt there are many … left over bits of technology they neglected to collect around.

oO No doubt! Oo

Serala: No doubt.

EMH: It also has nothing to do with his paralyzed state from what I can tell that was induced by some kind of drug I can't identify. There is a lot of mental activity and he is likely conscious. Though that could be due to this device I just can’t tell. :: The look on her face made it clear she hated that. Not being able to tell what exactly was happening. ::

oO Conscious? By the elements? Oo

Serala:  Captain? If you can hear me, we will do whatever we can to fix this. I swear it on my honor.

EMH: I am going to need to know more about this Romulan device, Lieutenant. As I said, I suggest getting Lieutenant Danara up here.

Serala: Understood. And once comms are restored, I intend to make a call to someone who may be able to help as well.

EMH: May I ask who you are going to contact?

Serala: Negative, Doctor. Now, if you could see to my leg? Or is Ensign Hyden higher on the triage list?

EMH: Actually, you are higher.

:: As the doctor took out her osteo-regenerator and began to knit the bones back together in Serala’s leg, Serala looked over to the Ensign. ::

Serala: Ensign Hyden, once the doctor clears you for duty, report to Tactical. Commander Williams was manning that station last I checked, but he needs to be free to concentrate fully on running this ship.

Hyden: Response

Serala: Of that, I have no doubt.

:: She watched the young woman and remembered when Commander Tel-ar had first allowed her a watch at Tactical. Of course, that day had ended in great tragedy. She just hoped Hyden would have a different outcome. ::

EMH: A penny for your thoughts, Lieutenant.

:: Despite her Romulan heritage, the fact that she had grown up on Earth enabled her to understand that comment. ::

Serala: Just thinking of the first time I was allowed to man the Tactical station. How much longer here, Doc? I need to get back to work.

EMH: Response

TAGS (Hyden)
-------

Jim Davis

Jan 6, 2019, 10:27:52 PM1/6/19
to USS Atlantis
(( OOC: I'm going to try this one more time. Thanks for bearing with me, ya'll ))