Lt. Commander Serala: A difficult situation

Jim Davis

Nov 21, 2019, 10:56:42 PM11/21/19
to USS Atlantis
(( Security Office, Deck 4, USS Atlantis - Day 3 of Shore Leave ))

 Hyden: So shall we finish this?

Serala: I’m not sure this will finish it, Maddi.

Hyden: Wait what did you mean by that?

Serala: There is a possibility, however slight, that Perkins might not make it to a court martial.

Hyden: Are you saying there could be issues with the transfer of Perkins?

Serala: I am saying that there is a possibility that the charges against him could be dismissed on a technicality. He might decide that charges need to be brought against me.

oO Fancy way of saying that striking a superior officer and stunning him could override the charges against him. Might even cause me to face charges, if he’s too vocal about it. Oo

Hyden: Well don’t you worry. We will make sure that he is secure wherever he has to go.

oO Be careful what you say. She is Chief of Security now. Say something incriminating and she will have to lock you up too. Sorry, Maddi. I don’t want to lie to you. Oo

Serala: It’s not that simple, Lieutenant. As you will see in my report, he accidentally walked into my fist on one occasion and I was forced to stun him on another in order to prevent him from being used as a hostage against us. But, considering the obvious hostilities I have expressed for the man, it could be spun in a different light.

Hyden: You were only protecting yourself from the psychotic man. There’s no way they can pin this on you...if so that’s ridiculous.

Serala: Exactly. My only hope is that the investigators will see that my actions were spurred by a desire to see the success of our mission, which he was placing in jeopardy, and find them to be warranted. Even if I only get a slap on the wrist, so long as they don’t dismiss the charges, I will be satisfied.

Hyden: Well if there is anything I can do to help let me know. I will do what I can, as I do have the reports of everything that has happened.

Serala: Thanks. I don’t want you to change the reports, or anything like that. Don’t get yourself in trouble on my account. I did this, and if there are consequences, I am honorbound to face them. But Perkins is a smooth talker when he wants to be.

oO Doesn’t mean I have to enjoy it though. Was it worth it? Certainly. I hope. I just hope that sniveling fool doesn’t get away with it. Oo

Hyden: I suppose so, but still if Perkins can lie that smooth than we are in trouble.

Serala: Who said he has to lie?

Hyden: Response

Serala: Well, I did strike him and stun him. The only difference in our stories will be a matter of motive. And from what I can tell, he has a decent service record, and outranks me on account of time in service.

Hyden: Response

Serala: Well, all we can do is hope my story is believed over his. Shall we get on with this?

Hyden: Response

Lt. Commander Serala
Chief Tactical Officer
Atlantis Staff Member