Ensign Serala: Sleeping Beauty awakens....Finally

Jim Davis

Mar 23, 2018, 10:40:43 PM3/23/18
to USS Atlantis - NCC-74682

(( Serala's Temporary Quarters, DS26, 3 days after arrival ))

:: Serala was restless. This shore leave didn't seem as fun as the last (despite how cold it had been). Toryn was out of surgery and the doctors said his arm would recover, but he was still in a coma. With his sister here, she had done her best to keep her distance, but she found it difficult. She still spent several hours in his room every day sitting with Kiitiarel. They hadn't talked much - Serala just didn't know what to say her - but it seemed they might have been drawing comfort from each other. And Sylara was amazing. Just having the creature here made Serala at ease.

:: Right now, though, she was in her assigned room trying rest, something she hadn't had much of. It wasn't working.

:: The first night she had been drug to a bar and had shared drinks with the others. She was definitely forming new friendships, but there was something different about Toryn. He seemed understand what it was like to different from everyone else, to understand her. And he had been the first to truly befriend her. Sure, Lieutenant Lambert actually reached first, but she and Toryn had truly connected during that climb. And Lambert had vanished.

:: Secretly she worried that the bots had beamed him on their ship with the transporter they had stolen from Atlantis, and when she had fired on the ship she had signed his death warrant. That had also contributed to her sleepless nights. ::

EMH: =/\= He's awake. =/\=

Serala: =/\= Acknowledged. I'm on my way. =/\=

:: She quickly donned her uniform and tore out of her room, heading for the ward at a dead run. She reached the Med Ward in near record time - after nearly running over several people - and skidded to a halt at the nurse's station. ::

(( Med Ward ))

Serala: Can I go in?

Nurse: :: nodding her head :: Just keep it brief. Others are coming, too, and he needs his rest still.

Serala: I understand.

:: She didn't. He'd been resting for days, but she knew better than to argue with medical staff. ::

:: As soon as she entered and saw him awake and taking to his sister and Sylara, she nearly burst into tears. Her words were choked. ::

Serala: I should kill you for making me worry like this. :: She couldn't help herself and gently gave him a hug. :: Truthfully, I'm glad you're okay now. Don't ever scare me like that again. When I thought you were…

:: She choked up and couldn't continue. The rage she had felt when she first heard him order his death, the fear mingled with relief when she had learned he was alive, it all came rushing back to her. She turned away so he and his sister couldn't see her tears. ::

Brell/Dermont/Logan/Jann/Knight: Responses

Ensign Serala, Security Officer
USS Atlantis NCC-76482
A239412S10