Lieutenant JG Melody Delri'ise - Dreaming a Little Dream

Ryan Fender

Nov 25, 2019, 7:52:24 AM11/25/19
to sb118-a...@googlegroups.com

((OOC: Song is, “Dream a Little Dream of Me” By Doris Day))

((Pagrati Lounge, USS Astraeus))

With that, Melody’s bags were packed, suitcases loaded up with clothing and memorabilia. On the Astraeus, she pocketed her “favourite” phaser and of course, an old fashioned leather-bound journal sent to her by an old friend she met. Upon receiving a heartwarming message from commander Rosek, Melody took it upon herself to tour the ship as one last goodbye.. She came to her final stop, one she’d saved till last. The very lounge she sat in one late night, talking and chatting away to someone Melody considered a friend. She had no idea where Wrader was, or where he ended up, but what she shared with him would stick with her.

She stared out the windows of Pagrati lounge, glancing into the ever growing abyss they called space and all she could do was sing. Sing every last sweet melody that would ring in the ears of any crewmember lucky to hear.

Stars shining bright above you

Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"

Birds singing in the sycamore trees

Dream a little dream of me

Say "nighty night" and kiss me

Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me

While I'm alone and blue as can be

Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading but I linger on, dear

Still craving your kiss

I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear

Just saying this-

Melody stopped abrupty, realising the presence of another officer she didn’t at all notice upon entry.

Delri’ise: Oop- Sorry sir, was I botherin’ you?

Rosek: Response?

Delri’ise: All packed, just… doin’ my rounds one last time. Y’know, security sweep for old times sake.

Rosek: Response?

Lieutenant JG Melody Delri’ise

Security Officer

USS Astraeus