Lieutenant COMMANDER(??!!!!?!) Noa T'Nessa Levinson

Noa T'Nessa Levinson

Jan 12, 2023, 3:15:47 PM1/12/23
to sb118-a...@googlegroups.com

((OOC: No, the sim title isn’t incomplete and it’s not a typo. ;) ))

((Main Arboretum, Deck 7, USS Astraeus, 239912.31, around 2350 hours))

Mei’konda: Next, I would like Doctors Snow and Solok, and Ensigns One-zero-one and Zero-zero-zero to step forward.

Snow / Solok: Responses

Mei’konda: Doctors, It’s haard for me to count the number of ways in which you excelled in your duties over the last few weeks. Not just as Starfleet officers, but also in upholding the oaths you took when you became Doctors in the fiirst place.

Stepping up to Snow, he attached three ribbons to her chest while nodding appreciatively, then he made his way to Solok, doing the same to the Vulcan, He offered the Human physician his usual hand to shake, but elected not to do so for Solok, instead meeting the other man’s eyes and dipping his head slightly in acknowledgment of the male Doctor’s skill. The Caitian continued speaking.

Mei’konda: From investigaating and offering aid to the Lanaxan lower classes when you discovered disease near the faacility where we were workiing, to the trauma care you provided the Chin’toka’s crew while we worked to change the star’s course, your work was essential in ensuring that both our casualties and those on Lanaxa were so few. Thank you both. I’m awardiing you both the Lifesaving Ribbon, the Gold Lifesaving Ribbon, and the Good Conduct Ribbon.

Snow: Thank you, Sir.

Solok: Response

Noa once again joined the applause. In that case… Well deserved was an understatement. Statistically speaking, this instance may very well be one of the highest Lifesaving Ribbon-to-lives ratios in Starfleet history. One to fifty million was… quite the ratio, to be perfectly honest. It was a terrible comparison, but still something to think about.

Mei’konda: In addition, Doctors, I would liike you to present the Purple Heart to Lieutenant Avae. I understand that she is going to be undergoiing a procedure soon and could not be here. Please send her our best. Would it be all riight for her to receive viisitors before the operation?

Yes, Wyla. Noa should visit her soon, probably. While Noa had just gotten that holo-Twibble to herself… Maybe it’ll do more good with Wyla. Saying hi wouldn’t be harmful, either.

Snow: We would be honored to, Captain, and of course. ::smiling::

Solok: Response

Mei’konda: Very well. Lieutenant Ral, and Ensigns One-zero-one and Zero-zero-zero. Earning a Purple Heart is not the most enjoyable paart of Starfleet service, but it is an importaant acknowledgment of something that happens with unfortunate frequency on front line vessels. It is not just an acknowledgment of past suffering. It is also a symbol of the inner strength one must possess in order to recover from it. Thank you, all three of you.

Snapping back to the ceremony, she opted to politely incline her head in Ral’s, 101 and 000’s directions. Each of Mei’konda’s words were correct, after all. Purple Hearts weren’t a good ribbon to get, per se, but they were important.

101: Thank you,

000: ::crying, just a bit:: s-so very much.

Ral: Response

Raga: Response!?!?!?! (If any ;)

Mei’konda: Finally, would Lieutenant Commanders Peters, Kiax, and Lieutenant Levinson join me here one more tiime.

Inclining her head, Noa made her way to the podium once again.

Kiax: Responses

Mei’konda: The three of you played paarticularly key parts in ensuring that we not only saaved the Lanaxa system, but returned to tell about it. Lanaxa Prime would not still be there if not for your intelligence and dedication. The coordination of some paarticularly creative uses of our scientific resources by Lieutenant Levinson, and the deployment auxiliary vessels by Commander Kiax, were made possible by Cadfael Peters’ engineering teams keeping us in the fight long enough to accomplish our mission.

The medal he pulled out of each wooden box was a heavy round disc with Starfleet’s insignia on its front, attached to a dark teal ribbon with two silver stripes on each side.

(Un)surprisingly, Noa didn’t possess an encyclopedic knowledge of what each ribbon looked like. This one was new to her.

Mei’konda: Because of that, the three of you haave been granted one of Starfleet’s highest awards for gallantry, the Starfleet Medal of Valour. You all exemplify the Federation’s greatest ideals, and I thaank you for serving under me on the Chin’toka, and now the Astraeus.

Huh. Even the name wasn’t ringing bells to her. Maybe it was a newer ribbon? Either way, the name and context were… pretty obvious.

Peters: Thank you, sir.

Levinson: Thank you, Captain. And you are very welcome.

Kiax: Responses

Snow: ::applauding:: Congratulations you three!!

Peters: Thanks, doc. I am truly at a loss for words.

Serala / Isa / Raga / Snow / Solok: Responses (If any)

McKnight / Ral: Responses (If any)

PNPCs (If any): Responses

Mei’konda: Now, two of you may step back, but Noa Levinson, you haave something to answer for.

oO Huh? Oo

Levinson: I do, sir?

Mei’konda folded his hands behind his back and stepped up to the part-Vulcan, chin lifted and expression serious.

Mei’konda: Your performaance is not in line with your current raank, Lieutenant. Not only thaat, but you are now in chaarge of a much laarger department, with a much larger staff, than what you led on the Chin’toka.

oO Wait. Surely, he’s not- Oo

Noa’s eyes widened, betraying her composure. She had a feeling about what that meant, and her being caught off guard was fairly obvious.

Mei’konda: The first of the two problems is laarger by far, consiidering that your expertise and the the results you proviide far outstrips what I would expect of a full Lieutenant. Therefore, I am left with only one solution. Consider your promotion effective immediately, Lieutenant Commander Noa T’Nessa Levinson.

She spent a few seconds just looking at Mei’konda’s direction, trying to process his recent words.

She then averted her gaze to the floor for a few seconds as she took a deep breath before speaking up.

Levinson: Thank you, Captain. Truly.

Snow: Congratulations, Noa!!! ::applauding::

Peters: Congrats, commander! :: Applause. ::

Serala / Isa / Raga: Responses

Kiax / Solok: Responses

McKnight / Ral: Responses

PNPCs (If any): Responses

Now that the awards were over, Noa rather quickly stepped off the podium, not entirely sure where to go next, before she noticed their Chief Medical Officer stepping towards her.

Snow: ::smiling:: Congratulations, Lieutenant Commander.

Levinson: ::Slightly smirking:: Thank you, Doctor. It was… unexpected.

Snow: Well it is well most certainly deserved. You’re a fine officer and we’re lucky to have you aboard.

Levinson: Thank you. The same certainly can be said about you, Elizabeth. And congratulations on your awards, too. Most certainly well deserved.

Snow: Response

Levinson: Definitely. So how are you, Elizabeth? It has been a while since we had the opportunity to talk, after all.

Snow / Any: Response

--
Lieutenant Commander Noa T'Nessa Levinson
Chief Science Officer