Lt. Commander German Galven - Keeping Options Open

Lt. Commander Galven

Nov 15, 2019, 3:33:37 AM11/15/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Astraeus

(Main Crew Lounge, Deck 2, USS Astraeus))

German and the two lieutenants came into the lounge which wasn’t much of a trip given that the bridge was was on deck one. When the room illuminated their presence, he took a moment to mentally scan the surroundings as well as if there was anything else that might be useful.

Galven:  Ok, there’s an aid station in the next room. Mr. Smith, I need you to go get some medical supplies from there and then put them behind the bar.

Smith: Aye sir. I’ll be right back.

The other Denobulan hybrid nodded and headed to the aid station right away. Something that German was very impressed with. Getting to work right away was pretty admirable. He turned his attention to the security chief.

Galven: Mr. Shin, have you established any security checkpoints? Try to be subtle about it.

Shin: Response

Galven: What if security is dressed in casual clothes so they don’t stand out? How’s everything going Mr. Smith?

There was some rumbling going on in the next room which German could only assume that it was Groznin rummaging around in the supplies. The Denobulan lieutenant popped his head out to reveal himself in the doorway.

Smith: Yeah, it’s okay, could use a hand moving a large crate to get to the medical supplies though if that’s okay sir.

Galven: That shouldn’t be a problem, lieutenant. ::turns to Shin:: After we help the man, is there anything else we might’ve missed?

Shin: Response

((Aid Station))

German was heading into the room and could see that there was indeed a very large medical supply box that the man was standing next to.

Smith: This one. I can’t lift it by myself

Galven: ::scratches his ridged chin:: Yes, I would imagine it would take some extra hands. Mr. Shin? Your assistant is also needed, please.

With much gusto and lots of heavy grunts, they all managed to get the box down. German was glad that he could withstand that much lifting or else he surely would’ve been crushed if the box fell on him.

Smith: Thanks. I’ve got the medical supplies from here.

Shin: Response

((Main Crew Lounge))

German nodded and went out back into the larger room and headed for the supply closet to grab some more chairs, possibly even some tables in case there were more guests than expected. During his youth, his mother would hold large events that she would ask him to be her assistant event coordinator. Those days were probably the reason that German was so used to being around large crowds.

Smith: What shall I do with the supplies?

Galven: Set them behind the bar for right now.

Shin: Response

He turned towards the two and was about to respond when the Captain’s voice came through the comm channels.

Mei’konda: =/\= All hands, yellow alert.  There’s been an explosion on the alien mining vessel.  We are determining the status of our away teams. Bridge out. =/\=

A moment of panic would’ve overcome German thinking about Lael and the others on the away team, but he needed to be calm and collected. He brought a couple fingers to the bridge of his nose, furrowing his brows in the process. After a few seconds, he cleared his throat returning his attention back to the officers.

Galven: Okay, new plan. I have a feeling that Sickbay is going to be pretty full soon. Mr. Shin, if you could monitor the situation there, that would really help them out. Have one of your other officers report down here. Understood?

Shin: Response

Galven: Also remember to put on an EVA suit. Lieutenant Smith, once our guests are stable enough after being treated by the medical staff, would you arrange the VIP quarters for them?

Smith: Response

Galven: After something like what just happened, I would like for them to have the option to either rest or come over to the lounge, but only if the doctors allow it.

Smith/Shin: Response

He nodded and then tapped his commbadge. There was something that he was curious about. Being a scientist as much of an officer, it wasn’t that strange for his own curiosity to start taking over. It did get him into some mischief though at times.

Galven: =/\= Commander Galven to Sickbay =/\=

G’Renn / Any in Sickbay: =/\= Response =/\=

Galven: =/\= Is the virus contagious even when dormant? I’m curious if we’ll have to wear those EVA suits as well once everything is contained. =/\=

G’Renn / Any in Sickbay: =/\= Response =/\=

------

Lt. Commander German Galven

Chief Science Officer

6rea...@gmail.com

USS Astraeus NCC-70652

V239507GG0

"Don't try to be a great man ... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments." - Zefram Cochrane