Lieutenant Commander Carter Greyson: Explaining The Rule

Zeph

Nov 18, 2023, 4:48:41 AM11/18/23
to Astraeus IC

(( Main Engineering, USS Astraeus ))

As the lieutenant filled in the skipper on whatever information was needed, he pulled up a computer terminal and began to look at the measures that Cadfael had implemented earlier. Power draws that would normally be occurring from their natural state of operations had been minimized, and additional measures had been taken to minimize the footprint. He had another swig of his coffee and nodded toward one of the toolboxes nearby.

Greyson: Do you feel up to lending us a hand?

Mei’konda: If you thiink I can be of help, Commander, I’m yours until the Bridge calls me baack.

Greyson: Well, if you’d like to, we might be able to cut that down to one and a half hours.

Mei took off the command red uniform shirt and shrugged, then shifted the combadge from his jacket to his shirt, he hoisted up the tool kit and slung it over his shoulder.

Mei’konda: Let’s see if we can get it closer to one, Commander. There are two Romulaan warships out there that would love to take another chunk out of us. Mister Ral, where are we going?

Ral: Junction thirty two delta.  ::smiling::

Mei’konda: Junction thirty two delta. Got it.

Carter smirked as Mei’konda made his way toward the indicated tool boxes and took another swig of coffee.

Greyson: We’ll make an engineer out of you yet, captain.

As the pair of them made off for the junction, there was another chirp from his badge.

De’Vere: =/\= De’Vere to Engineering. =/\=

Since the chief was on the bridge, Carter was in charge down here. It made sense for him to answer it, and he turned the spanner another quarter turn to the right then tapped his badge.

Greyson: =/\= This is engineering, doc. Go ahead. =/\=

De’Vere: =/\= We’ve just lost half the biobeds in the main ward, stinks of burned wiring. =/\=

Greyson: =/\= Interesting, but problematic. Do you have enough active beds for existing patients? =/\=

De’Vere: =/\= We’ve got enough for existing patients for now, but it’s a concern. =/\=

Greyson: =/\= Understood. I’ll see what I can do to get someone on it. Greyson out. =/\=

He fidgeted with the panel he was on, finished putting it back together and then tapped his badge.

Greyson: =/\= Greyson to MacNemar. =/\=

MacNemar: =/\= Response =/\=

Greyson: =/\= Think you could drop by sickbay and check out the wiring when you finish up? Half the biobeds in the main ward are acting up. =/\=

MacNemar: =/\= Response =/\=

Carter nodded slightly to nobody in particular and replied through the comms before he shifted the weight of his tool kit as he headed off for another console to repair.

Greyson: =/\= Acknowledged. Greyson out. =/\=

(( Timeskip ))

Peters: =/\= Peters to Greyson and Ral. How long until we have warp 9? =/\=

Greyson: =/\= Greyson here, chief. Top speed warp 7 until the Ral finishes that junction fix. =/\=

Ral: =/\= Response =/\=

Peters: =/\= Not to rush you, gentlemen, but you have 10 minutes. Rule #8: Improvise without the manual and get it

done. =/\=

Greyson: =/\= Acknowledged, sir. =/\=

Ral: =/\= Response =/\=

(( Timeskip ))

Carter made his way back into main engineering as he heard the chief's voice over comms.

Peters: =/\= Mr. Ral. Status. =/\=

Ral: =/\= Response =/\=

Greyson: Good show, lieutenant. Very good show.

Ral: Response

Greyson: Oh yeah, rule 8…I think he devised that while the two of us were stationed on Starbase 118 Ops. Different time. However, we have a lot of work to catch up on just to make sure we don’t explode mid-flight.

Ral: Response

===
Lieutenant Commander Carter Greyson
Assistant Chief Engineer