Ensign Slav Shewytch: The botanical hunt has begun!

pabarty

Feb 21, 2024, 4:39:31 PMFeb 21
to USS Astraeus – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Main Holodeck 1, Deck 11, USS Astraeus))

Shewytch: Hey, anyone here? Sorry to intrude, but I have an interesting offer.

A person came out to him, she seemed not to be very angry that her peace was disturbed, so at least there will be no conflict, so Slav breathed a sigh of relief.

Matthews: ::grinning:: I’m here, Ensign.

Shewytch: Sorry again. ::pause:: My mother is quite good at writing programs for holodecks and she wrote a piece based on one of the old myths of Eastern Europe, the region of the Earth. I don't know what's there, but I want to find out as soon as possible. Would you be interested in this?

Matthews: No need to say sorry, it’s fine. ::offering a handshake::

He responded with a handshake.

Shewytch: Yes, of course, where are my manners.

Matthews: We didn’t get a chance to meet properly on the Bridge, I’m Charles Matthews. Sorry, I remember your name but I want to make sure I’ve got the pronunciation right… Showitch? Shawyche? Can you break it down for me?

Shewytch: Shewytch, SHEwtch. ::He spoke his name very clearly::  I know, it's a little hard to pronounce.

Matthews: Right. Sorry, that was rude. Ensign Shewytch.

Shewytch: It's okay, I'm used to it. You should know what they called me at the academy.

He said this with a rather friendly face.

Matthews: What did you say the programme was, an Eastern European myth? It won’t be a battle against Dracula and his minions, will it? I left my sword in my quarters. ::chuckles::

 oO Oh, he knows the classics! Oo

Shewytch: He smiled:No, it will be something else. There's an old myth that a fern can bloom, of course it's not possible, that's why it's a myth. So, this flower has MAGICAL powers, it gives wealth and health, and people used to go to the forests trying to find it.

He left out one part, quite important, about the flower, to create intrigue. He knew that the flower itself represented a moral choice, to do good only to oneself or to others. Slav hoped that his colleague would like this idea of the story, after all, it was one of the main tasks of Starfleet, to help others

Matthews: Response

He nodded.

Shewytch: Yes, you're right, it's not that simple. Of course, if there is a magical object that does good, there is also a magical evil. This includes spirits and Leshy.

Matthews: Response

Shewytch: I think that people of that time carried garlic with them to ward off evil spirits, and that would have been the end of their protection. ::He laughed:: Sorry ::he calmed down:: But I don't know, maybe the programme will offer us some weapons. So, shall we try it?

Matthews: Response

After receiving a satisfactory answer, he entered the program Fern_Flower_001 into the holodeck computer. Immediately, everything went dark and they found themselves in an old wooden shack.

Shewytch: What a smell of pine... My mother loves this smell.

He began to look around. It was clear that the house was going through a rough patch, with gaps in the walls and roof here and there. He started to walk further, deeper into the house. There was a bed with an old lady who was clearly on the verge of death.

Matthews: Response

Slav approached Charles.

Shewytch: I think she is an important character.

As soon as the two of them stood next to the bed, the old woman spoke.

Npc of old woman: I couldn't… ::inhale:: But you can find… ::sigh:: Follow the brightest star.

As soon as she said the last word, she fell silent, forever. Slav came over and covered her body with a blanket. He knew it was just a character, but still.

Shewytch: Well... Well, the story has begun. You're the tactical officer, so you'll take the first blow. ::He winked.::

He headed towards the door, following his companion.

Matthews: Response

Ensign Slav Shewytch,

Junior Science Officer

USS Astraeus, NCC-70652