Lt. Commander German Galven - Fear is to Be Conquered

Lt. Commander Galven

Nov 24, 2019, 3:36:23 PM11/24/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Astraeus

((Bridge, Deck 1, USS Astraeus))

Some of the crew had left already going on different assignments. Others were waiting to be transported. German wasn't due to leave for another few hours as he stepped into the bridge of the galaxy class starship one last time, placing his hand along the edge of the brightly painted wooden half oval panel.

He walked down the ramp brushing the soft wood and for a moment he didn't want to let go. Finally after a few moments, he took his hand away and then headed over to his station.

Delri’ise: You alright, sir?

Galven: Just saying goodbye. ::turns to glance around:: She was a fine ship.

Delri’ise: Indeed she was. There’ll never be another like her, she was one of a kind.

The events unfolding around him was definitely going to be a memorable one. German had never served on a ship that was due to be decommissioned. He sat down and then downloaded the last bit of information of data on his work PADD that laid beside the console.

Galven. My next assignment is going to be Starbase 118 Operations. I've been there a few times training cadets, but it'll be a whole new experience. Where are you going?

Delri’ise: ::recalling her orders.:: I believe I’m on the Thor over Duronis II. It’s a long way from here, over in the Beta Quadrant.

Galven: ::nods:: That's a fine ship with a great crew. I doubt this'll be the last time we see each other.

Melody hadn’t said anything to that which made German glance over her way. It appeared that she was about to cry. He stood up from his seat and approached her extending his hand to give her an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

Galven: It was a great experience being here and it was definitely worthwhile. Starfleet has our best interests at heart. Whatever is next, just remember who you are.

Delri’ise: It ain’t gonna be easy. The Thor is a fine ship… but she’s no Astraeus. It’s been a fun ride, commander.

Galven: ::nods and turns his head to look out the viewscreen:: It’s always going to be one hell of a ride, lieutenant. ::turns his attention back to Melody:: Wherever you are.

Delri’ise: You better stay in touch, don’t hide away in that space mushroom.

He chuckled and then turned with a determined expression.

Galven: Don’t worry about that, Melody. I’m a “leap into the action” kind of senior officer. ::wry grin::

Delri’ise: Response

Galven: ::clears his throat and furrows his brow:: One last thing before we separate, lieutenant?

Delri’ise: Response

Galven: As Admiral Kathryn Janeway once said, “I trust fear. Fear only exists for one purpose… to be conquered.”  Go and be fearful, Melody Delri’ise and show Admiral Turner what I’ve seen in you. ::extends his hand for her to shake:: A future commanding officer.

Delri’ise: Response

----

Lt. Commander German Galven

Chief Science Officer

USS Astraeus

V239507GG0

“Adhere to your purpose and you will soon feel as well as you ever did. On the contrary, if you falter, and give up, you will lose the power of keeping any resolution, and will regret it all your life.” - Abraham Lincoln