Captain Mei'konda Delano - An Invitation

Mei'konda

Nov 16, 2019, 2:01:25 PM11/16/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Astraeus

(( Bridge, Deck 1, USS Astraeus ))

Mei’konda: =/\= Captain to Sickbay.  You will be receiving wounded shortly from the explosion aboard the alien ship.  Doctor G’Renn, I apologiize that we have not had a chaance to meet formally yet, but we will get to that later.  Your recommendaations on quarantine procedures for our officers? =/\=

G’Renn: =/\= For now, the EVA suits and the inoculations can likely keep the threat of the infection at bay. I recommend that we place sickbay under negative room pressure to keep the atmosphere contained and keep all of our patients in a sterile environment until we know enough to keep ourselves and them healthy aboard the Astraeus. =/\=

The woman’s voice sounded calm and composed over the commlink, something that Mei’konda appreciated.

Mei’konda: =/\= Understood.  You haave my full authority to make use of whatever ship resources you need, Doctor.  In your estimaation, is it safe to offer help to the aliens in our Sickbay? =/\=

G’Renn: =/\= Sickbay isn’t a very comforting or diplomatic environment, but we can create a safe environment. ::She paused for a moment.:: However, I would advise an abundance of caution. One wrong move could make things a lot less safe rather quickly.  =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Yes.  On this, we will be erring on the siide of caution.  We will do anything we can to help, but we will only briing them aboard if you consider it safe. =/\=

G’Renn: =/\= I consider it safe following proper biohazard containment procedures. =/\=

She wasn’t going to be taking any unnecessary risks. The phrase “better safe than sorry” was repeating itself in the back of her mind constantly. Even if it was just a skin infection, she’d rather work around the uncomfortable suit until she’d made that determination for sure.

Mei’konda: =/\= ? =/\=

It seemed best to coordinate orders with the bridge. She could say everything directly to the away team, but then she’d just have to repeat herself to the command crew so that they were kept in the loop. Best to have all of the commands coming from one place. Anath had a treatment plan in mind for the ill members of the Ragged Feather crew, and for those injured in the explosion as well.

G’Renn: =/\= The isolation rooms and the Biohazard ICU can both be used to keep the pathogen contained and treat the injured and ill in a controlled environment. I would recommend those from the engine room be routed to the Biohazard ICU without knowing the full extent of the injuries. =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= ? =/\=

G’Renn: =/\= Understood, sir. Sickbay out. =/\=

Ning: Captain, I am detecting several small plasma fires. The one in the engine room appears to be coming under control, but there are several others in remote sections of the ship. If they have automated suppression systems, they aren’t responding.

Considering the size of that explosion, the fact that the dilapidated ship was still largely in one piece was a small miracle all on its own.

Mei’konda: Haave our engineers focus their attention there, please.  But maake sure they don’t do anything without oversiight. The last thing we need is for them to think we caaused this explosion.  Life signs of our team?

Ning: The away team’s life signs are stable, but I am reading elevated heart rates and other signs of stress. Some of them are right in the middle of all of this.

Mei’konda: Keep a close eye on them, Commander, but as long as Commander Rosek’s all right over there, we’ll let her maake the call.

Rosek: =/\= Response =/\=

Settling back in his chair, Mei’konda steepled his fingers together and gazed up at the picture on the viewscreen.  There was the damaged mining vessel - and not far beyond it, This first mission to the Eagle nebula had started to become a lot more complicated than he’d expected.  Well. It was time to have a talk with his counterpart on the alien cruiser.

Mei’konda: Open a channel to the alien patrol cruiser.

Mei’konda stood up, folding his hands behind his back.  No doubt, they’d had a chance to take their own readings by now.  A moment later, the comms officer notified him that the alien leader -  Praelon Salish, Mei’konda recalled - was responding. The image of the lizard-like alien appeared.  This time, Mei’konda was quite sure they were scowling.

Mei’konda: =/\= Praelon Salish, we’ve begun traansporting the injured from that explosion aboard the Astraeus for treatment.  There were serious injuries over there, and we did not want to rely on the medical facility aboard the Ragged Feather. =/\=

Salish: =/\= Response =/\=

Mei’konda: =/\= Of course.  You’re more than welcome to briing observers aboard to maake sure they are treated correctly. =/\=

Salish: =/\= Response =/\=

Captain Mei’konda Delano

Commanding Officer

USS Astraeus, NCC-70652