Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Down the Hatch

Genkos Adea

Apr 10, 2024, 8:32:44 AMApr 10
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((CMO's Office, Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Artemis-A))

The doctor brought back his mug, and placed Gnai’s request of roe in front of it. Sitting down in his comfortable office chair, he leaned bac, steepled his fingers and stared over them at the Galadoran as it opened a small hatch in its suit to devour the helping of fish eggs.

Adea: So, what can I do for you, Gnai?

Gnai: Thank you again, sir. This is about the check-up, as ordered by Starfleet. Sir.

A few of the fish eggs were released into the water, slowly floating up into the mass of tendrils waiting above. They were pulled into Gnai's mouth at the bottom of its bell, slightly visible through its body as they started the process of slowly digesting. It was rather fascinating - Genkos was a student of xenobiology, and had done very well in it at the academy but it was different seeing the wonders of the universe in person.

Adea: Ah, of course.

As Genkos opened his desk drawer to remove his medical tricorder, the Galadoran spoke again.

Gnai: Is this really necessary, sir? Nothing substantial has changed since entering the Academy...

Genkos pursed his lips at that - he knew plenty of officers tried to sidestep their check ups for all sorts of reasons, and he wondered what Gnai’s were.

Adea: Apart from the whole time-travel thing.

Gnai: Will you need guidance on Galadoran physiology, sir? Presumably that isn't standard knowledge...

Genkos picked up a PADD from his desk and wiggled it playfully at the Galadoran.

Adea: Not at all - I've been reading up on your species. I'm not the best at mechanical / technical stuff however, so whatever we find today, I recommend you ask a medical engineer to give your suit the once over.

Gnai: Response

Genkos smiled reassuringly.

Adea: So… before we get started - any complaints, anything I should be aware of? And if you prefer to do this telepathically, I am happy for us to read each other.

Gnai: Response

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD
Chief Medical Officer
USS Artemis-A
G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway