Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Who Doctors To Doctorman

Genkos Adea

Apr 20, 2024, 9:19:02 AMApr 20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((CMO’s Office, Sickbay – Deck 7, USS Artemis-A ))

Genkos let out a slight sigh of relief - he was not at all comfortable with the idea of someone going around with his face. He’d spoken to Kalianna after his double had visited her, but since then the DoppelGenkos had disappeared, so far without a trace.

Adea: That’s good… no news is good news, that’s what you humans say, no? ::he leaned back again, and stared at her for a moment with his deep ebony eyes:: So fess up, what’s got you so concerned with me?

She sat a little taller in her chair, a slight look of discomfort on her face. He wondered what it meant.

MacKenzie: Well, before they left, CloQ issued a bit of a warning. (beat) I mean, I guess it was a warning. I don’t know what to make of it.

So this was CloQ’s fault, this sudden interest in his well being? But why, what had the entity done to make her so concerned?

Adea: CloQ? What did they say?

MacKenzie: Something along the lines of keeping an eye on the Betazoid and that not everything is what it seems…

Genkos nodded and leaned back in his chair slightly - so that was it. The entity had given her a warning, possibly true, possibly just CloQ playing one of their mind games, and Addison was clearly torn up about it.

Adea: And that made you worried about me?

Addison’s eyes narrowed slightly as she leaned forward in her seat.

MacKenzie: ::half-mockingly:: Are you Shint-Genkos?

Adea: No. ::his grinned:: But then I would say that, wouldn’t I? Their words unsettled you, didn’t they?

She smirked, sitting back in her chair.

MacKenzie: I haven’t been able to shake the feeling since they left. When’s the last time you had an exam?

Genkos sat back, pondering the question. He tried to get check-ups regularly, but finding someone to examine the CMO was sometimes an arduous task. He remembered asking Gila once, and she’d gone into a panic, assuming it was some kind of test.

Adea: I don’t know… a few weeks ago? I ordered check-ups for everyone aboard after our encounter with the Shint, in case there were any more charlatans aboard. ::he smirked for a moment, remembering his recent meeting with Silveira:: Although saying that, Vitor appears to never have come for his.

MacKenzie: Response

Genkos pulled his tricorder out of his top drawer and threw it across the desk to Addiosn’s hands. He sat back nonchalantly.

Adea: Feel free to examine me, Captain. For your own mental reassurance more than anything… ::he paused:: Although did CloQ say “the Betazoid”, did they use those words, or did they use my name?

MacKenzie: Response

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway