Ens. Gnai - Doctor's Orders

Lich

Apr 16, 2024, 3:04:35 AMApr 16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((CMO's Office, Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Artemis-A))

Gnai had been pleasantly surprised at the way this check-up had been going. Not only was it able to speak as it found more comfortable, but Commander Adea had done his homework, and wasn't expecting Gnai to explain all the ins and outs of Galadoran physiology. Instead, it had launched into an explanation of the recent mission, and how it had impacted it. Gnai thought it was fine. Clearly the medical tricorder in Cmdr. Adea's hands thought otherwise.

Gnai: ~ Are you certain? As I ::partial:: said... I ::partial:: feel fine. ~

As Cmdr. Adea sat down to sip his tea, Gnai let its suit release more of the roe, eating them as he sipped. The small orange balls bobbed with it as it floated around in its tank. This was not a diagnosis that it was expecting, to say the least.

Adea: ~ I’m sure you do but this is shore leave - and we just had a particularly stressful encounter. I insist that you partake in some relaxation activities. ~

He was right though, it was shore leave. This was the perfect time to relax and make itself comfortable on the ship. Who knew how much more stressful the next mission could be?

Gnai: ~ Doctor's orders... This is acceptable, I ::partial:: guess. ~

Adea: ~ What do Galadorans do for fun, Gnai? I’m afraid we didn’t cover recreation at the Academy ~

That was a hard question to answer. What most Galadorans did for fun was different from what Gnai chose for its recreation. It would have been hard to replicate the various light shows that took place across the waves at night, or bobbing lazily outside of one of the cities and enjoying the weather where the sky met the sea.

Gnai: ~ I ::partial:: like to explore, to wander around and look at new things. ::pause:: And music. Seeing music is fun. ~

Adea: ~ Response ~

Gnai: ~ Yes, sir. I ::partial:: was already planning to visit the station, eventually. There are a large number of people to meet and things to do to get settled on a ship... ~

And such a large number of things to do on the station... Where to start? The whole place was mildly intimidating, even if it was at the same time intriguing.

Adea: ~ Response ~

Gnai:  ~ Have you ever been to the station, sir? Do you know what places might be of interest? ~

Adea: ~ Response ~

Tags/TBC

--
Ensign Gnai