Lt Jovenan – The future seems a lot less real

Jovenan

Apr 2, 2024, 4:16:07 PMApr 2
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Holosuite, Quark’s, DS9))

Dakora: I think we've seen all there is to see here. If Vreenak was ever present on the Station, can you take us to that time?

Being snapped through the fabric of time sure beat the days or weeks of waiting they’d have to endure otherwise, but Jovenan wasn’t entirely sure if they could trust CloQ of all the people to deliver them there safely. She had hard time reading the excentric entity; were they playing with them, torturing, teaching a lesson? Despite their antics, CloQ hadn’t yet sent them to danger… er, abandoned them to danger, but it could all change.

CloQ: I thought you’d never ask.

The fact that CloQ said yes was a surprise to Jovenan in itself. But when CloQ was reaching their clock-badge, Jovenan realised they were actually preparing to warp them to the relative future right there and then. Considering that the team still lacked any plans, it seemed sensible to her to try and delay the pseudo-god a moment.

Jovenan: Before we go anywhere… What are we supposed to do there? The timeline is still broken, how do we try to fix it?

CloQ lowered their hand and rolled their eyes. Jovenan looked at each of her friends and colleagues.

Silveira: We let them finish their work?

Jovenan wasn’t entirely convinced they would get to just watch events roll by. On the other timeline, they had seen that the history had been broken somehow, and it would happen somewhere around here. She couldn’t trust CloQ to just fix the timeline after letting them see what had caused the real one to sprung into existence in the first place. They might need to step in to protect it.

Sadar/Dakora: Response

Jovenan: So, we might end up having to assassinate the Senator. ::exchanges looks with Sadar, quietly:: Again.

Silveira: We still don’t know if that was Sisko’s doing.

While she wasn’t entirely convinced Vitor was right, she certainly hoped he knew what he was talking about. Starfleet wasn’t perfect, but among the disorder and chaos among the offworlders, it had been a place Jovenan had thought she could find the purpose of her life… she had hard time accepting it could also be so sinister under the glossy exterior.

Sadar/Dakora: Response

Silveira: There is no evidence of that here. Did Sisko try to trick the Romulans with a fake. ::He nodded.:: After all we saw I believe so. Did he murdered or order the murder of the Senator? Is that what you want us to find out?

CloQ: ::with a stunned look:: Yes… obviously.

“Yes”… to which question?

Sadar/Dakora: Response

Vitor seemed to tense up again. He had been challenging CloQ the entire time, and the two had been toe to toe several times over the small amount of time they had been with CloQ. He obviously was angry with CloQ for everything they had done to him and them all, but now Vitor looked like he would blow up once more. Jovenan hoped he would remember to keep a cool head.

Silveira: What for? Just to prove a point that we, mere mortals, don’t have the power of insight? That in our effort to make decisions we make mistakes, we make the wrong choices under pressure? That we forget our principles? To prove your better than us? That’s just…::He frowned as he looked at them.:: So insecure… So very Human…

Jovenan expected CloQ to respond, give a lecture or a counterargument, but instead they seemed to ignore Vitor’s passionate speech entirely and pressed their combadge. Jovenan could barely react to the sudden move, the purpose of which she already knew; they had travelled in time, once more.

CloQ: There we go.

Somewhat panicked initially, Jovenan looked around. They were still on Deep Space 9, it appeared, just a different part of it. It was impossible to determine the time as CloQ could theoretically have send them anywhere, even to another timeline altogether. However, if they were to trust on CloQ’s word – which they should not – they were around the time Captain Sisko met Senator Vreenak.

Jovenan: A-are we there now? ::looks around:: Is everyone still frozen in time?

Silveira/Sadar/Dakora: Response

CloQ: If it helps, he’s saying “it’s a faaaaaake”.

Oh. To Jovenan, the holoprogramme they had witnessed had appeared very convincing, yet somehow the Senator and his staff had managed to find a fault in it, to detect that the events it portrayed didn’t happen in the real world. They must have run a deeper scan on it.

Jovenan: He knows? I-if the Senator manages to send a word about Sisko’s betrayal to Romulus, it will mean that the Romulans won’t join the war, or that they will fight the Federation.

Silveira/Sadar/Dakora/CloQ: Response

Jovenan felt her stomach turn. Sisko had a motive to stop Senator Vreenak, at any cost. She still hoped they could somehow find out it wasn’t what happened and that CloQ was playing a big prank on them.

Jovenan walked to the closest computer interface, hoping she could access personnel location information through it.

Jovenan: Sisko’s in the wardroom, Mr Tolar appears to be in his quarters, while the tailor… um, I can’t actually locate him. Maybe he has left the station.

Or hiding. It was easy to avoid detection if one so wished, and while it was much harder to hide from biosign scans, Jovenan doubted they could run one right now. The tailor’s role in this all was not clear to her, but perhaps he hadn’t been too important to it and his presence wasn’t needed anymore.

Silveira/Sadar/Dakora/CloQ: Response

Jovenan: We saw Senator Vreenak’s shuttle when it arrived to Romulus. We, uh, had a close look at it. It wasn’t much larger than a roundabout, I’d think it could fit in the landing pads for example.

Silveira/Sadar/Dakora/CloQ: Response

TAG/TBC
----
Lieutenant Jovenan