Ens Chevalier - Is there a way to turn back time?

CPT Arianus

May 1, 2024, 4:53:14 PMMay 1
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Cave, Rakantha Province, Bajor ))

His eyes watched the spinning cylinder slowly fly upward as he fell to the ground.

Flash.

He felt raindrops hitting the skin of his body. They were warm, pleasantly warm, as they spread over his skin. A warm breeze caressed his face. His head and body hit the ground. And the darkness embraced him with open arms…

Jovenan: Chevalier? ::pause, cryingly:: Jaseb? Jaseb, answer me!

He heard the voice. Whom voice? Who did it belong to?

Pain.

His head could have exploded. Like someone was cutting into his brain. He tried to breathe, but an anvil was crawling on his chest. He tried to open his eyes but saw just the shadow play before his eyes.

What happened? Why is he…

A shadow bent over his body.

Jovenan: No no no, please no…

oO Lieutenant… Jo… Oo

It was her voice. Jaseb opened his mouth and tried to speak, but he just exhaled quietly. He tried to move his fingers, anything, to let her know he was still alive, but even thinking hurt.

The shadow disappeared, and more pain came as the lieutenant attached a makeshift tourniquet to what was left of his right leg.

He almost lost consciousness again… but his mind clung to the lieutenant's voice like a drowning man to a lifeline. He couldn't fall asleep again. Something was always at the edge of his vision. Just reach out and grab it and…

Mine. Explosion. Pain.

And then he knew. He stepped off the mine. He wanted to protect the lieutenant. He didn't die. No, he can't sleep now, he can't... give in to the cold he felt, the cold of uncertainty, the cold of death...

Jovenan: =/\= Savel, Gnai! Beam us out the instant you can! Get the shuttle ready, we need to go to the closest hospital! ::pause, then cryingly:: Chevalier’s badly hurt! =/\=

Savel/Gnai: Response

Jaseb saw the shadow again.

oO Lieutenant… Oo

He gasped for air as she stood up to her legs and lifted his upper body to start pulling him out. He did not feel his leg, but somehow, it didn’t matter at that moment as he felt a warm breath warming his cold skin and dripping sweat. They stopped. Something heavy weighed down his lap. It hurt, but he felt safe for the first time. He felt hopeful.

Jovenan: ::breathing heavily:: D- don’t do this, Jaseb! I’m… I’m gonna get you… Okay…

He listened to her voice, and the darkness was singing a lullaby in his ears… his eyes slowly closing.

oO Just a minute. I can, just for a minute, take a nap… Oo

oO No… Oo

He forcibly opened his eyes to the light, to the white and blue stars stretching around him. His body felt so light that he felt like he could fly through the warp.

And then, the world around him just disappeared...

Savel/Gnai/Renirs: Response

TAG/TBC

--
Ensign Jaseb Chevalier