Lt. Silveira and Cpt. Olivera: Showdown.

btv.abreu

Nov 18, 2023, 7:02:18 AM11/18/23
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
OOC: Sorry for not posting yesterday but it's been a tiresome work week.

IC:

(( Adea’s Quarters – Deck 3, USS Artemis ))

Genkos was thinking of going up to the bridge, posing as his doppelganger , holding them as if they were his captives. There was only a problem with that.
No matter how good the Colonel was, and he wasn’t that good as he was now caught, he would never have managed to get all four of them.
Olivera would see right through that.

However they could buy some time with Sada’s help. Olivera was pretty close to his Gila, Vitor knew that, and if he saw Genkos and Sada holding them he would certainly hesitate.
Even if just for a second. That was why he was asking her.

Vitor began to breathe heavily and stepped forward to Sada. He almost grabbed her by her robes and shook her violently.
They didn’t have time and he was making the utmost sacrifice to control himself. He wanted to get down, find Jo, hold her. Taking a deep breath and blinking he forced himself to calm down.

It didn’t work and his voice began to falter as he felt his eyes burning.

Still, somehow, he managed to reply.

Silveira: I know that I am asking you something that might be your biggest sacrifice ever. And I will understand if you say no. But we have to hurry… I need to go and find my Jo and I can only do that after we take the bridge back… Please…

Vitor was oblivious of the others around him, solely focused on Sada. So he was surprised that Nan was the first voice he heard.

Jovenan: Jo who?

Vitor turned to Nan. How would he say it? How could he tell her that he had fallen in love with her Shintverse counterpart.
Not thinking too much he replied quickly.

Silveira: I fell in love with Mediator Jovenan and the feeling is mutual.

Sadar: Response

He wasn’t sure he read Nan's expression correctly. Vitor didn’t cared, right now they just needed to hurry.

Jovenan: I thought she was… You did what to my… ::deep breath:: Sorry. We don’t have time to talk this through right now. I recommend we start moving before they can do any more damage.

Adea: Agreed. ::he took a step forward, straightening up as he did so:: Let’s head out.

MacKenzie: Agreed.

They were all on the same page, now they only needed Sada’s reply.

Jovenan/Sadar: Response

Vitor didn’t reply. His head felt it was in an anvil like a hot metal rod being hammered down.
They moved on and handed the phasers to those playing the hostage takers.
Genkos surmised the plan.

Adea: Right, whatever happens, we need to hold the bridge. ::his cane wobbled as he leaned more weight on it:: And if possible, I’d really like to sit down.

This would have to work quickly. Olivera wasn’t going to be easily fooled.

MacKenzie: Haven’t you been sitting?

Zie stuck out her tongue to Genkos, and other different circumstances Vitor would also help lighten the mood.
But not today. Not now. Zie wagged her finger at them.

MacKenzie: Showtime.

((USS Artemis, deck 1, Bridge))

Vitor followed Zie as they all walked out of the turbolift. Olivera immediately raised his phaser from Kader to them. There was enough surprise that Vitor managed to move quickly, there was only one more Desdemonian armed on the bridge.

MacKenzie: You seem to have something that doesn’t belong to you…

Vik was surprised with the new arrivals and stepped back, aiming at them. He gestured with his head for his only remaining team member to step by his side.
They had their backs to the viewscreen and were aiming at the newcomers.

Olivera: My apologies Captain but we need it more than you do. ::he raised his phaser to the ever closing Sil.:: Stop Sil, I don’t want to hurt anyone but we moved beyond that point.

Vitor stopped and slowly raised his hands at shoulder height.

Adea/Jovenan/Sadar/Kadar: Responses
Zie gestured behind her at the trio holding her and Silveira at gunpoint.

MacKenzie: Your thugs seem to have tracked us down. Having a harder time taking control of my ship than you thought you would?

Vik narrowed his eyes, he ignored MacKenzie and instead turned to the three still holding the weapons.

Olivera: It's a good infiltration tactic. And it worked it seam, although I think the three of you are too deep in character. ::he glanced at Sil.:: Looks like the honey trap worked after all Sil.

Vitor narrowed his eyes. Was Olivera toying with them and aware of the ploy.
He still held them at phaser point, and Vitor couldn’t reach him without Vik firing.

Silveira: I feel willingly for that.

Adea/Jovenan/Sadar/Kadar: Responses

Vik frowned at Sil’s reply. Before he could say anything a comline opened.

Cln. MacKenzie: =/\= Olivera, it’s Colonel MacKenzie. I’m on Deck 15 in a bit of a predicament… =/\=

Vik tipped his head… What is going on now?

Cln. Olivera: =/\= Colonel, I am in a little standoff as well. Apparently Colonel Adea, Thevn and Mediator Jovenan captured the Captain and Lieutenant Silveira. Wasn’t the Mediator in your team?

Cln. MacKenzie: =/\=

Vik widened his eyes and started turning to Sil after her reply. He didn’t have a chance to finish his sentence.

Olivera: Shei…

Vitor snapped when he heard the reply from the other side.
All the denial, all the slender hope was gone and in the same second he jumped towards Vik. Either chance, or destiny, or just a slightly slower reaction time made reach the distance and tackle Vik down.

Every turmoil of emotion put Vitor in a rage that targeted his Shintverse counterpart, as they rolled on the bridge floor. Vik managed to push Sil aside and stand up, just in time to block Sil’s punches, countering with a strong left trying to hit Sil’s celiac plexus. Vitor blocked and showered Vik with left and right blows, most being blocked. But he found an opening and his left hand managed to grab Vik’s neck, as he punished him with straight punches against his ribs.

Vik heard the voices of the others and was pretty sure that the only other member of the Desdemona was no match for the Fleeters that now overwhelmed the Bridge.

MacKenzie/Adea/Jovenan/Sadar/Kadar: Responses

Vik was gasping for air. Sil had him held tightly by the neck as he worked on his ribs, and he felt one of them crack for sure, such was the anger and strength of the blows.
Straightening his fingers he punctured Sil’s left armpit, managing to release himself from the neck grab. He landed a good punch on Sil’s face, but no matter how hard he tried the look in Sil’s eyes meant he was out of control.
Unless he did something he was going to die at his hands.

Olivera: Enough… I surrender.

Ever the survivor Vik knew when to fight, when to withdraw. And now when to surrender.
He would have never surrendered to the Shint, it would be pointless. But Starfleet held other values. That was why they were forced to take the ship.
Or at least try.

Vitor winched in pain, but with tears floating down his eyes the physical pain was just another that was tearing him inside. The adrenaline rush and the emotional pain had made him lose control. Again ready to strike he noticed a phaser at his feet.
He quickly grabbed it, pointing it to Vik.

MacKenzie/Adea/Jovenan/Sadar/Kadar: Responses

Vik raised his hands above his head. Vitor moved in closer, pinning him against the wall with his free hand and the phaser straight in Vik’s forehead.
Whatever the setting this would kill him.

The voices of the others and their callings were like distant echoes. Vik closed his eyes and Vitor was ready to fire. But he hesitated. In all the turmoil that was his mind and body he didn’t pull the trigger.
Something inside him made him stop.

And something outside called his attention.

It was nothing any of the others said, but one of the alarms from a console.

Slowly he began to set down the phaser, as tears feel from his eyes.
He took a step back from Olivera and let the man slide down the wall. Holstering his phaser he began to walk, only to start stumbling holding himself to the wall as he tried to head to his station.

The fight and the revelation was tearing him inside out. He felt like his heart just exploded and there was an unhealthy warmth inside his chest. One of Vik’s blows had hit his face and his right eye was certainly swallowing, as he was losing clear sight from that side.

Stumbling again he pushed himself forth. His voice was faltering and he fought not to collapse. Even with blurred eyes he looks for the others, starting with Kader, Genkos and  Sada, holding a second longer on Nan. Finally he turned his gaze at Zie, and in a final effort straightened himself pointing at his console.

Silveira: Incoming vessel. I assume you need me there.

MacKenzie/Adea/Jovenan/Sadar/Kadar: Responses

TAG/TBC

Captain Victor Olivera
Tactician
CIC Desdemona