[Phase 2, Hour 2] Captain Addison MacKenzie - Firing Squad

Addison MacKenzie

Jul 21, 2024, 1:56:31 PM (6 days ago) Jul 21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Turbolift, USS Artemis-A ))

The quartet once again found themselves in the temporary sanctuary of one of the turbolifts. With renewed vigor (reinforced by fully charged sidearms), they were enroute to the Intelligence Suite on Deck 8 to render aid to Savel and several of the other officers pinned down in that location. Addison hoped that, by incapacitating more of the Artemis crew and rescuing more of the unassimilated, there would be a safety in numbers.

In the turbolift, they could still hear much of the comm chatter.

Benbassat: =/\= Can anybody read me? Captain Benbassat of the Excelsior, broadcasting on frequency 99 Delta. To all who can hear, we have managed to retake control of our bridge... Hold on. Helm, what’s happening? They’re controlling us remotely. Taking us out of formation. No, no! We’re being directed in front of the fleet. Now we’ve been targeted. Tell my family- =/\=

The commline went dead, quickly replaced by a different voice.

The Collective: =/\= Excelsior eliminated. All vessels secure. Fleetwide assimilation complete. A message to those who resist. Your armada has been added to our own. Your weak and wilful will soon be eliminated. Your strongest have already been assimilated. We are Borg. Starfleet now is Borg. =/\=

MacKenzie: ::muttering flatly:: Bullshit. (beat) ::to the others in the lift:: We appear to have a new problem.

Hopper/Silveira/Jovenan: Response

When the turbolift doors opened not far from the Intelligence Suite, several drones were visible, pounding on the doors to the Intelligence Suite. From the opposite side of the corridor, a security officer she recognized well – Melody Delri’ise. It appeared they were all responding to Savel’s request for help.

MacKenzie: I count six drones… Who knows how many more are actually inside the suite.

Hopper/Silveira/Jovenan: Response

Tag, and TBC!

---

Captain Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
Commanding Officer
USS Artemis-A

Captains Council Member at Large

V239601AM0