ENS Chevalier - Being a disappointment

CPT Arianus

Nov 25, 2023, 1:05:22 PM11/25/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Corridor to Tertiary Command Processors - Deck 15 - USS Artemis-A ))

Kawarda
: It would appear the situation is under control now. Stand down, Ensign Chevalier.

Those words kicked Jaseb hard and froze him
in place. He suddenly didn't know what to do or not. Lowering his weapon looked like a proper action, as he faced the commander's disbelief.

Dakora
: Yeah! What the hell was tha-

Kawarda
barged into dressing down of Chevalier.

Kawarda
: Sir, to verify you are our Dakora, please name the commanding officer of the Excalibur at the time of our transfer.

Dakora
: Huh? ::His confusion gave way to understanding.:: Commodore Kalianna Nicholotti.

Vulcan holstered his phaser with a simple nod. Jaseb took that as a right moment to holster
his.

Kawarda
: ::to Chevalier:: He is who he appears to be. ::tapping his commbadge:: =/\= Kawarda to transporter room, please beam the unconscious personnel near my position to the brig. Out. =/\=

Chevalier nodded. He suddenly didn't know what to do with his empty hands, so he hid them behind his back. The adrenaline was slowly fading away. Jaseb slowed his breathing, and continued to suppress the enjoyment over action, which clouded his mind before.

Commander stepped closer. Chevalier couldn't bear his guilt, so he better looked down at the ground.

Dakora:
That first shot was clean. I appreciate it. ::He jabbed a bladed hand in the Ensign's direction for emphasis.: But, I don’t know what that in the Great Fire possessed you to pull that little coup de grâce crap, but if I ever see that again you’ll be riding back from whence you came in the brig. Understood?

hevalier: ::trying to find his voice:: Sir... aye, sir.

Dakora:
That’s how they ::He gestured in the direction the downed Desdemona Officers had been.:: do things, not us, and not you– so long as you’ve got that delta pinned to your chest.

Chevalier
: ::nodded:: I understood, sir. There is no excuse for my actions. I'm ready to accept any punishment.

Commander looked satisfied that his point had been made and turned to Kawarda. Chevalier looked like he would rather be keelhauled than a disappointment to a man he almost worshiped.

Dakora
: What’s the ship’s status? ::He pointed up.:: I overheard a scuffle on the bridge on the comm earlier.

Kawarda
: Though our ::gesturing to Chevalier and himself:: information is incomplete, I believe the balance of power is with us again. Ensign Chevalier and I encountered no resistance on our commute here from the Operations Center. That would indicate they have consolidated what strength they still possess. We must proceed with caution.

Dakora
: They were trying to steal that thing. ::He took a step closer to it and scrunched up his face.:: Holy strokes…. It’s the friggin’ prismagons. We need to get these back to your team in the Haz-Mat labs ASAP.

Kawarda
: Fascinating.

Chevalier stepped aside when Vulcan
retrieved the tricorder from his belt holster and started to scan a laboratory case lying nearby.

Kawarda
: Indeed, Commander. We are fortunate the case was not damaged in the struggle here.

Dakora
: Response

Chevalier stayed silent and just nodded. He visibly didn
't want to draw an attention.

Kawarda
: I am capable of returning this to the hazardous materials lab by myself, but would not deny the added protection, given the sensitive nature of these crystals.

Chevalier
: ::looking at Dakora:: I will stay here and secure the tertiary processors, sir. You with the Security ::pointed in the direction of two security officers nearby:: can retrieve the case back to the laboratory with Mr. Kawarda. If you agree.. Sir.

Dakora

TAG/TBC

--
Ensign Jaseb Chevalier