Ensign Jovenan – They shot him down, bang bang

Jovenan

Mar 29, 2023, 9:32:49 AM3/29/23
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Transporter Room, USS Artemis))

Adea: Let down the forcefield, and I’m coming for you Jovenan. I’m coming for you, and the rest of these pathetic little wimps, hiding behind their guns. ::he smacked the handle of his sword on the forecfield:: I’LL KILL YOU ALL

Commander Adea saying that shocked Jovenan greatly. She knew that he was under the effect of the aggression inducing dust, but she still felt betrayed. She was shocked, frightened, angry, and compassionate to her highly appreciated colleague, who had turned into this blood-stained, raging monster. Despite being cornered in on the transporter platform by an armed security team, he kept beating the forcefield around him with his sword.

Hesitant and uncertain, Jovenan had to get a hold of the situation and prevent any further disasters that might come for as long as the Commander was in this state. She stated her orders to the security team, not considering too much if she even had the authority to do so.

Jovenan: ::to security team, quietly:: I’m going to drop the field and you’ll stun him.

Kag: Response

Nodding in acknowledgment, the security team members prepared to open fire at their superior officer. Jovenan held her finger above the controls, prepared to remove the forcefield separating them from the bloodthirsty doctor. She felt bad for the having to make the decision that will hurt him.

She raised her sight to the Commander once more. He was smiling again and staring right at her eyes. This can’t be good.

Adea: Computer, deny Jovenan’s access to ship systems.

Oh no.

She had feared he would eventually realise he had the command authority over the ship’s computer. He could block any and all commands except those of the captain, he could beam himself away, he could get them all or the people on the planet killed with nothing but a sentence to the computer. And now he had come to the realisation of the power he wielded.

Yet, the computer chirped negatively. In a matter of seconds, Jovenan went from being burdened by having to make the decision, to fearful terror to surprised to relief. She didn’t know why the Commander’s order had failed, but she didn’t want to wait to find out. She, again, hovered her finger on the controls.

Jovenan: Three, two, one…

Adea: ::his eyes widening:: Wait!

Kag: Response?

Click.

The barrier flickered and disappeared. Orange phaser beams crossed the room and hit the Commander, who collapsed to the floor upon impact. Jovenan was shaking behind the controls as one of the security crewmembers went to check on him. She wanted to sit down onto the floor and cry her hands covering her face now it was over. But no. It was not yet over. She still had responsibilities.

Jovenan: Let’s take him to the sickbay.

Kag: Response

Two yellow-shirts went on to pick the Commander from the ground and began to drag him out of the room and to the turbolift. Jovenan tabbed her combadge.

Jovenan: =/\= Ensign Jovenan to sickbay. =/\=

Morgan: =/\= Response =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= We’re bringing Commander Adea there. He has been acting violently after being exposed to an aggression inducing chemical on the planet, we’ll need to take a look on him. =/\=

Morgan: =/\= Response =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= The Commander is not of danger at the moment. I had him shot. =/\=

Morgan: =/\= Response =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= Stunned! I had him stunned! I, uh, w- we’ll be there in a minute. Jovenan out! =/\=

((Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Artemis))

They reached the ship’s primary sickbay. Having been only a week or so on the Artemis, Jovenan realised she hadn’t had the opportunity to visit the medical area yet. The clean, bright look and the faint smell of chemicals was there as in any sickbay, even if the room plan was different.

The security officers assisted the nurses and doctors as they lifted the mostly unconscious Commander on a biobed. Jovenan remembered seeing one of the Doctors somewhere. He had been on Excalibur, too, on the crew manifest, but she didn’t remember ever meeting him in person.

Morgan/Silveira/Kag: Response?

As she turned, she spotted Lt Silveira on one another biobed. She was joyous and relieved to see him, alive and in one piece, despite the sword attack and her lack of transporter experience. That being said, he looked awful.

Jovenan: Lieutenant! Are you alright!?

Silveira/Morgan/Kag: Response

The Commander was awakening. Walking closer, she hoped he would be finally returning to his normal self, but upon seeing his unnatural smile she knew there was little hope in that regard yet. The Commander soon noticed the restraints pinning him onto the biobed.

Adea: Is a little old Doctor too much for you?!

Jovenan: ::to Morgan:: The chemical broke down after we beamed in. I had hoped he would turn normal after the exposure ended, but no, not yet. Do you think that can still happen, Doctor?

Morgan/Silveira/Adea/Kag: Response

TAG/TBC
----
Ensign Jovenan