Lieutenant Hallia Yellir - Standing By

Ryan Fender

Jul 19, 2023, 11:17:52 AM7/19/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Bridge — USS Berlin))

Yellir: First order of business is containing the boarding party. We can’t do anything until we neutralise them!

Slowly rising from her chair, Hallia hailed down the Suliban with shots from her phaser, the air reeked of burning ozone as she turned and sprinted towards the half-fixed helm console. Keeping herself low to the ground, the Yelikan vaulted over the top of the console, using its chair as a quick booster. Tumbling to the ground, she practically fell in a splat before holding her back to the station. Splashes of light rained over the Engineer as several shots laid into the chair and the displays.

The second she landed, she felt pain shoot through the joint of her shoulder. Running up and down her bicep and forearm was a magenta pigment mottled by burns and blistered skin. She grasped at the skin, her partially singed uniform slowly ripping itself apart around the burns from her console.

Lorana: Have you been hit?

Yellir: ::gasping:: Just a plasma burn—- nothing too serious!

Zinn/Kuva: Response?

The air once more began to fill with a thickening haze, and Hallia heard a slight ‘thunk’ as a medkit had been slid over to her position. She placed her phaser in front of her and quickly grabbed for a dermal regenerator. Triage wasn’t her strong suit, and she was more than a little rusty, but she waved it over the damaged flesh. And it was as if the burns had never existed.

Lorana: =/\= Lorana to Security, the Suliban are trying to access the turbolifts =/\=

Zinn/Kuva/Yellir: Responses

The Caitian form of Ensign Lorana crawled across to Hallia, and she reached for her phaser. Firing above the science officer in some effort to prove cover.

Lorana: :: keeping her voice low :: Sir, is the wound serious?

Yellir: It’s just a flesh wound. We need to find a way to get to the others. They’re probably a lot more worse off than we are—

Lorana: :: nods :: I agree. If we can establish communication with Kuva and Zinn. We can pin down the Suliban -

The comms system chirped and she looked back to the now ruined captain’s chair and cursed under her breath.

Lorana: We have an incoming transmission, it might be the Artemis?

Yellir: I don’t know if we can get to it. We have bigger fish to fry.

Zinn/Kuva: Responses

Groaning in frustration she peeked up from the Helm and fired off a small barrage, hearing a distant pained groan as three shots were let loose into the overcast. Hallia felt heat rush over her head as she fell back behind cover.

But as she waited for another window to fire— the commotion stopped… and there was silence across the bridge. So quiet that you could hear the sputtering conduits in the ceiling above them, and she slowly peeked her head around the corner of the console, with her phaser at the ready. Standing at her full height, there was no sign of the Suliban intruders.

Yellir: Where did they go??

Zinn/Kuva/Lorana: Response?

Moving to the bridge’s centre and swatting the charred chunks off of her seat, the Yelikan leaned over the captain’s chair and attempted to send a hail to the Artemis. Hallia felt like she was gasping for air just moving about the bridge, but the exhaustion, pain and realization that they nearly just died suddenly came crashing down on the Yelikan’s shoulders.

Yellir: =/\= Berlin to Artemis— this is acting captain Hallia Yellir, do you read me? =/\=

Zinn/Kuva/Lorana: Response?

Artemis: =/\= Response? =/\=

Hallia nearly fell to the floor, never had she been so relieved hearing the voices of the Artemis crew. She looked up and around, to gather the state of the bridge alone. But if that itself was any reflection of the ship— it looked a lot worse than it seemed to feel.

Yellir: =/\= We’ve got some casualties over here, we’re managing it. Commander Adea was incapacitated, but he’s stable and we’re barely clinging to main power. Don’t suppose you have some deuterium canisters you’d be willing to spare? =/\=

Zinn/Kuva/Lorana: Response?

Artemis: =/\= Response? =/\=

Yellir: =/\= We’ll keep an open channel, and move out on your signal. But I think we should move as far from that Suliban vessel as soon as possible. =/\=

Zinn/Kuva/Lorana: Response?

Artemis: =/\= Response? =/\=

Yellir: =/\= You’ll know right where to find us, Artemis. Berlin out— =/\=

Hallia turned to the rest of her people on the bridge.

Yellir: Take your stations. Stand by for the Artemis’ order. Lieutenant Zinn, coordinate damage control teams with Ensign Kuva, we may still be flyable— but I want to make sure we’ll still be in one piece.

Zinn/Kuva/Lorana: Response

TAG/TBC

Lieutenant Hallia Yellir

Chief Engineer