Lt Jovenan & PNPC Crewman Jozial Renirs – Give recovery some time

Jovenan

May 8, 2024, 9:03:57 AMMay 8
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Shuttle Kerynitis, Rakatha Province, Bajor))

Jovenan: =/\= Savel, Gnai! Beam us out the instant you can! Get the shuttle ready, we need to go to the closest hospital! ::pause, then cryingly:: Chevalier’s badly hurt! =/\=

Everything was so confusing. Jozial had difficulty staying awake, despite the pain she felt radiating from her legs. The jelly was there with her, it had ordered her to keep talking. But in addition to her, the jelly and the Vulcan, Jozial could hear someone else speaking. Had the science woman come back yet? No, only her voice was.

Renirs: Did you hear that? ::pause:: But who’s outside, then?

Gnai/Savel: Response

Jozial ignored the ruckus that followed. She tried adjusting her position on the bunk again, but with similar results as before. The pain and the dizziness – due to the concussion, that’s what the non-doctor jelly had said – kept her from finding comfort. She didn’t even feel like complaining, a state that would have scared her past self the most if she was to see her now.

((OOC: Feel free to have more discussion, Renirs just ignores it!))

Jovenan: =/\= Energize! Get us out! =/\=

Savel/Gnai/Chevalier: Response?

Then, before she could fall asleep despite the warnings she had been given, Jozial heard the sound of the transporter once more. She tried lifting her head up to see if the science lady and the human had come back yet and in what condition.

To Jovenan, the sight was almost unbearable. Everything from uniforms and skin to the transporter floor were covered in human and Edo blood. She had to hold in her vomit as she looked at Chevalier’s leg, the one that her adrenaline-filled mind still had the insight to grab with them. She tried looking at his eyes, on his pale face, but the tears in her eyes made seeing difficult. She turned her face towards the others with her in the shuttle.

Jovenan: Get us all to a hospital. Please.

Savel/Gnai/Chevalier: Response

Jozial lowered her head against the bunk. She slowly blinked her eyes, looking at the ceiling over her. She felt the shuttle’s thrusters and impulse engines shaking them, while Jovenan wiped her eyes with a blood covered hand, smearing it all over her face.

It truly had been the Garden of Death. Whatever for it had received its curse, it had deserved it.

((Later))

((Recovery Ward, Rakantha Central Hospital, Bajor))

Jovenan lied still as a nurse removed the monitoring device from her forehead. She gave the nurse a smile; the pain from the injuries the shrapnel had caused had been subdued by the plethora of pain medicine and relaxants she had been given. The nurse, a young Bajoran woman, returned the smile.

Bajoran Nurse: You seem to be doing fine. Once you feel you’re ready to get up, you can try walking the ward. The toilet’s that way. ::points:: You can ask help if you need.

Jovenan kept nodding. The surgery had taken quite long, although she hadn’t had the opportunity to check the chronometer before she had been taken to the operating room, and the relaxing medication probably had warped her sense of time. Still, despite all the medicine she had received, she couldn’t shed aside her worry.

Bajoran Nurse: We’ll keep you under surveillance here for a while, but if everything is okay, you’ll be cleared to return to your ship later today. Your ship medical personnel will take charge of your further treatment. May we send them your info, so they’ll know what we did?

Jovenan nodded. The nurse smiled again and nodded as well, wrote something on her PADD and left. Jovenan had a deep breath as she tried resting on the hospital bed. She was aware that she needed to rest, but a single thought kept beating her head from within.

She had been responsible.

After a while, when she felt her energy returning and as no nausea had appeared, she turned on the bed and dropped her legs over the edge, lifting her upper body. The surgical dressings on her shoulder and sides felt bulgy under her light blue hospital gown; removing the surgical wounds with a dermal regenerator would have to wait until she made it to the ship. After just a few seconds sitting on the bed’s side, she put slippers on her feet and stepped onto the floor. Slowly but steadily, she walked across the ward corridor, looking for something specific.

Jozial rolled her eyes when she noticed the Cheerleader in Blue walking towards her bed. Jozial was a patient, but not patient enough to start listening to an officer start lecturing her on her sickbed. That being said, Jozial had to control herself from being distracted by the blondie’s short hospital dress.

Jovenan: How are you feeling, Crewman?

Renirs: Great, haven’t you ever stepped on a mine before? It might have been the most important day of your life, for me, it was just another Tuesday. ::pause:: If you’re here to ask questions, I ain’t talking. I want my lawyer and one phone call.

Jovenan raised her eyebrows a little out of confusion. She could tell that Renirs wasn’t entirely honest with the assessment of her state. However, she was pleased to hear that the Crewman had retained at least some of her spirit despite what had happened.

Jovenan: What? No, not at all. I just wanted to check on you. Did they say if you can return to the Artemis today?

Renirs: Yeah, but I might stay here a bit longer. Like, have you seen what service they got here? I’ve got that cute nurse bring me snacks three times already. Next time, I’m gonna ask for a backrub.

Jovenan blinked a few times. It was not her place to try and tell the Crewman how long she took to recover and be ready to be transferred to the ship’s sickbay. And since the Crewman was obviously not in mortal peril any more, she probably didn’t need to stay by her side the entire time either.

Jovenan: Just… behave nice. I’m going to try if I can go see Chevalier as well. Just take it easy, we can talk what happened once we’re back on the ship.

Shooting a smile at the Crewman, who didn’t respond in the same, Jovenan left Renirs rest on her hospital bed. Instead, she walked to one of the nurses keeping an eye on the patients in the recovery ward.

Bajoran Nurse 2: Hello, can I help you?

Jovenan: Hi, yes. May I ask about one of my crewmembers, Ensign Jaseb Chevalier? Is he still in surgery? What’s his status?

Any/Chevalier: Response?

TAG/TBC for Jovenan
TAG/End for Renirs

----