Ensign Luxa Lorana - The Interloper

Luxa Lorana

Apr 21, 2023, 9:53:27 PM4/21/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Deck 04 - Crew Quarters 0712 - USS Artemis-A ))

Luxa could smell the scent of the Bajoran as soon as she entered her quarters. It was a pleasant, slightly sweet aroma from a collection of ceremonial candles that were now burning on the table.

A mural was now hanging from the wall, which Luxa was sure depicted a Bajoran temple and some of the Orbs being worshipped.

oO Okaaay Oo

A roommate. Immediately Luxa felt a sense of trepidation and joy, simultaneously. She had always figured it was a matter of time before it would happen. Yet, now it was a reality she immediately felt territorial over her space.

She had already scented the entire quarters and now the Bajoran had taken over. The candles had removed all traces of her own carefully marked scents.

It was a clash of the sides of her and she really didn't know how she felt about this.

A petite Bajoran brunette, wearing a red uniform, appeared from the sleeping compartments. She paused suddenly, eyeing up Luxa.

They stood for several seconds, no words spoken. Just looks.

The Bajoran plastered a wide disingenuous smile on to her face and offered an outstretched hand.

Vailani: I'm Ensign Vailani Zoyara. I arrived when you were … on an excursion on the planet? Are you Luxa?

Luxa: Yes, Ensign Luxa Lorana.

Luxa took her hand in her own, and offered a genuine shake. She hoped that they'd get along but somehow she felt some resistance from the Bajoran.

Vailani: I'm sorry I thought you were a Trill? Someone told me that on Starbase 118.

Luxa: They had a mix up with records. :: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :: I'm a Caitian, big surprise.

Vailani: I can see that :: indicating the candles :: I'm just cleansing the quarters, creating a safe space for the prophets.

Luxa looked to her belongings from the trip on the planet. She wondered if she had a safe space to place her new Merangue IV plant?

Luxa: Let me drop these off in my berth and we can have a proper catch up.

As Luxa moved off, Vailani stepped in front of her.

Vailani: :: fake apologetic ::I actually have a subspace transmission scheduled. I would reschedule but it's with my father.

Vailani looked at Luxa expectantly, as if she'd know who her father was. She didn't, the name Vailani didn't register with Luxa.

Luxa: :: the first words she could think of :: Parents are important.

Vailani: It's with my father :: extra emphasis :: General Vailani.

Vailani looked to Luxa again with an expectancy that she would know who he was. She moved backwards, looked away briefly as if trying to contain herself before her gaze returned to the Caitian, an even wider smile on her face.

Vailani: I appreciate you being somewhere else.

Luxa had the feeling that she'd just been asked to leave her own quarters by her new bunkmate and a growing surge of anger increased within her exponentially.

Luxa: :: reluctantly :: I'll just drop off my bags first?

Vailani: :: fake :: Of course. :: She looked to the quarters :: You have a few minutes. I need to finish off preparing the quarters anyway.

Vailani then set to busying herself with gathering some elaborate throws and displaying them over the small sofa and armchairs that they shared. Luxa noticed that her mother's sculpture had been moved into the corner and a violet coloured drape thrown over it. Luxa didn't have time to think before rushing over and pulling the drape from the sculpture.

She remembered her mother's shocked face from years before, another time, another place and a far more important sculpture than this ruined. Same colour. Same message.

Luxa: :: hisses at Vailani :: Don't touch my things.

Luxa picked up the sculpture and clumsily dragged across the lounge, as Vailani watched in disbelief. Luxa forced the sculpture into her small sleeping compartment before she stormed from the quarters, resisting the urge to hiss at this new interloper once more.

(( Elysium, Deck 5, USS Artemis ))

Luxa let the anger fuel her steps the entire way to the crew lounge, not even taking a moment to take in the beauty of her surroundings. Her shoulders hunched, tail jutting from side to side erratically. This was not a friendly Caitian. It was clear to anyone.

Finding herself at the bar, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirrored backdrop, the green and gold reflecting against her fur, making her silver hair flashes of green and gold. In the dark room, her eyes shone fiercely, her features dangerous.

oO Do they see a monster when they look at me? Oo

Then she was met with a Romulan. Luxa almost hissed purely from shock.

This was A DAY.

Luniin: Response

Luxa: :: collects herself, only just :: Can you make a Caitian Daraqa?

After the events on Merangue IV, and then the interloper to her quarters, she needed something that was going to satisfy a Caitian.

Luniin: Response

Luxa: :: attempting to sound polite, yet failing :: Great.

Luniin: Response

Tags/TBC

Ensign Luxa Lorana
Science Officer