Cmdr. Genkos Adea - The Truth About Toto

Genkos Adea

May 3, 2024, 7:50:49 AMMay 3
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Arboretum - Deep Space 9 ))

Genkos pointed off into the far corner of the arboretum with his cane, and Toto just yapped once and ran off to explore. The doctor watched him go with the self-indulgent smile of a pet owner.

Adea: Don’t go too far! ::to Gnai:: ~ I don’t know if he understands that, but it makes me feel better to say it ~

Gnai: ~ Ah. Thank you for clarifying. ::starting to slowly walk around the arboretum:: Is he native to Betazed? ~

As they started to move, strolling through the lush green surroundings of the arboretum, the doctor shook his shaggy head.

Adea: ~ Not at all - he’s from Earth… I assume. We don’t tend to have pets on Betazed - I’m considered quite unusual. ~

Which he was - most Betazeds found living in close proximity to the more simplistic, animalistic minds of pets quite uncomfortable. Genkos was pretty certain that the mix of his father’s background in veterinary science, as well as the fact that he himself was merely an empath for quite a considerable period of his life, had led to his higher tolerance for pets.

Gnai: ~ How did you come upon such a thing? Why take on the care of another creature? ~

Genkos paused for a moment, trying to phrase the occurrence in such a way as not to terrify the ensign.

Adea: ~ During my time aboard the Gorkon, we ended up trapped in a nebula that reversed the gravity - so down was up, up was down. We came across a science lab that was not only upside down but also on fire. Toto there ::he pointed at the puppa as he ran across the path:: was trapped in a cage. I freed him and then he sorta, just stayed with me. ~

Gnai: ~ Response~

Adea: ~ I’ve often wondered what a Starfleet vessel was doing with cages of dogs in a science lab. This wasn’t the Gorkon, this was a different ship we were travelling on. I never did find out… I hope it wasn’t something… illicit. ~

Gnai: ~ Response ~

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway