Ensign Gila Sadar - Code Red

Gila Sadar

Nov 7, 2023, 1:24:22 PM11/7/23
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Primary Sickbay - Deck 7, USS Artemis-A))

Sadar: W-We, I, that is… Well, he does use his office sometimes, but usually just to access the consoles?

Gila was struggling to keep up with the line of questioning employed by the Assistant Chief of Science. Was it considered part of her duties to expunge on the daily goings of her superior officer? Surely, if it was so, it should have been made clear at some point? Granted, it was part of the medical officer’s duties to continuously note the physical and mental health of their fellow officers, superiors or no, so that any possible concerns to the ship’s safety was caught before it become an issue, but this? This was starting to border on the line of gossip!

Jovenan: Okay then. Did he leave you any instructions?

Sadar: ::shakes her head:: I haven’t received any specific orders, no. I’ve just, uhh, filled in for the shifts where he said he had other business to attend to… ::thinking:: Which has been… All of them. B-But, I'm sure the apperance of the Desdemona kept all of you very.. Busy? ::concerned:: Lieutenant? Are you okay, Sir?

As Gila had continued, the blonde woman’s face grew increasingly disturbed, to the point where it was actually Lieutenant Jovenan’s health that Gila had concerns about, rather than the Commander’s.

Jovenan: ::shakes head: Yes, uh… Computer, locate Doctor Adea.

Computer: Commander Adea in on Deck 8, Security Centre.

Sadar: ::blinks:: Perhaps he’s been ordered there?

The Lieutenant didn’t seem comforted in the least by that hypothesis. Not at all. Not even a smidge.

Jovenan: ::sighs:: Doctor, this may sound strange, but when you’ve seen Doctor Adea the last few days, has he behaved otherwise oddly? Has he been, uh, avoiding you or other staff, or doing things different from usual?

Gila thought back to the past couple of days since the Commander first altered his usual routine. The Mizarian Ensign wasn’t exactly the best person to ask about the day-to-day goings of her superior officers, partly because she didn’t know many of them that well, but she was used to a certain amount of exposure to Commander Adea because of how present a Chief he was. And there had indeed been discrepancies in his behavior.

Sadar: W-Well… He’s usually very open about feedback for junior officers, but we haven’t been able to reach him for advice. His open door-policy was also revoked. Usually, we’re more than welcome to just enter his office when he’s there if we need a second opinion, but he seemed… Almost bothered by it? ::thinks:: According to some of the nurses, the Commander’s also been more, uhh... ‘Liberal’ in his usage of his telepathic abilities on staff these past few days. He’s usually very discreet with it, as he knows that… ::slightly rueful expression:: certain staff members find it unnerving.

Gila didn’t know the Lieutenant that well, but she was nevertheless readily able to read the expression which appeared on her face: absolute dread.

Jovenan: Sorry, I, uh… Computer… Has Doctor Adea been on board the Artemis the entirety of the last few hours?

Computer: Negative.

Gila wasn’t quite able to follow why that question was significant, but before she had the time to voice the question, her hand was grabbed by the Edo Lieutenant, and almost as thought by shock, Gila’s entire body stiffened as she was clumsily pulled away from the main room, where nurses and fellow Doctors were conducting their rounds, and to a more quiet area.

Sadar: L-L-L-Lieutenant?

Gila really wanted to twist her anxiety ring.

Jovenan: A while ago, Commander Dakora and the other intel crew discovered a message I helped decode. We believe the alternate crew might be planning to attack the Artemis.

Gila used the thumb on her free hand to push at the anxiety ring, unable to withstand the temptation at this news.

Sadar: A-A-An attack!? ::slight whimper:: B-But, surely, Doctor Adea isn’t-

Jovenan: Doctor Adea hasn’t had reason to visit the other ship right now. I need you to think very carefully, is there a way we could…

The Lieutenant’s sentence was cut short, as the lights in the room unexpectedly dimmed as the emergency batteries took over from the main power source. Gila looked up in fear, but soon realized that the slightly reddish light wasn’t accompanied by an emergency klaxon. Instead, she was able to focus on the Lieutenant’s query.

Sadar: Could what, Sir?

Jovenan: Response

The light flickered back to life.

Sadar: I’m sorry, but I don’t think we have the clearance-

And then, the lights turned proper red, as the alarm klaxon resounded throughout the Ship, signifying the shift to Red Alert. Gila’s face fell in defeat.

Sadar: On the other hand…

Gila led Jovenan to one of the computer consoles available, retrieving the duty logs for Sickbay over the past couple of days. It didn’t take long for them to locate the first shift meant for Commander Adea that was delegated to someone else. It didn’t look good.

Sadar: It almost directly coincides with when the Desdemona’s crew was cleared for recreational activities aboard the Artemis, following quarantine procedures. ::to Jovenan:: You don’t think that Doctor Adea is… He’s fine, right?

Jovenan: Response

Sadar: Y-Yes Sir. Senior medical personnel have access to emergency override procedures of most doors - barring restricted areas - in case we suspect an individual is incapacitated or otherwise incapable of opening doors for us. ::beat:: Y-You’re not suggesting-

Jovenan: Response

TAG/TBC

Ensign Gila Sadar

Medical Officer