Lt. Silveira: Loneliness and sorrow.

btv....@sapo.pt

Apr 8, 2024, 6:35:18 PMApr 8
to sb118-artemis
((USS Artemis, deck 3, Arboretum))

Vitor felt conflicted all the way to Jo's headstone. He walked slowly, considering going back quite a few times.
But he pushed forward and stopped in front of her memorial.

Taking a deep breath he sat down. Crossing his legs, Vitor raised his hand and slowly set his palm, halfway along Jo's carved name.

He stood there quietly for a few seconds, his mind turmoiled by the thoughts and that feeling of loss, of missing.
That saudade.

He shook his head and rested his hands on his lap.

Silveira: I fear I am being selfish. I should have let you go, but…

He shrugged. Nan had thought him about the Edo ceremony, and from what he understood he was afraid that his visit would keep Jo's spirit around.

Silveira: It's not that I don't have anyone to talk to. I guess that if I reach anyone onboard nobody would refuse to speak to me. Still…

He paused looking at the headstone.

Silveira: I miss you. We were visited by CloQ again, and they were their usual self.
I learned something about Captain Sisko.
Apparently he was as human as any of us.
Maybe I should have asked CloQ how Sisko was able to live with his guilty conscience.
Then again I know a lot about that…

Vitor tipped his head and looked away, embarrassed.

Silveira: Perhaps if you knew me better, if you learned about my mistakes… About the guilt I still bare for those lost on the Resolution. About…

He took a deep breath, his eyes beginning to burn.

Silveira: About you. If you knew me better maybe…

He leaned forward, looking down at the grass.

Silveira: I am sorry. I just feel so lonely… More now than when we…

Vitor shook his head, rubbing his eyes on a futile attempt to stop the tears.
He uncrossed his legs, leaning in her tombstone, letting the tears fall.

And he just stood there crying.

No TAGs/TBC

Lt. Vitor S. Silveira
Chief Tactical Officer