Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Tanks For Listening

Genkos Adea

May 7, 2024, 8:45:13 AMMay 7
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Arboretum - Deep Space 9 ))

Genkos paused for a moment, trying to phrase the time he met Toto in such a way as not to terrify the ensign.

Adea: ~ I’ve often wondered what a Starfleet vessel was doing with cages of dogs in a science lab. This wasn’t the Gorkon, this was a different ship we were travelling on. I never did find out... I hope it wasn’t something... illicit. ~

Gnai let the Genkos’ words sit for a good moment, silently strolling further through the greenery. Genkos looked around enthusiastically, taking it all in - it was a beautiful area, so full of luscious foliage of so many different colours… Mainly green.

Gnai: ~ Commander Adea, how many vessels have you served on... There's the Artemis, and the Gorkon...? ~

Adea: ~ Good question. I started on the Gorkon for a few years, I served briefly aboard the Juneau as they launched Project Capstone, then I served on the Resolution, Excalibur and now the Artemis. So what’s that… five? ~

He could tell that the Galadoran hadn’t expected him to say quite so many different names, and he wondered absently if that was a particularly high number.

Gnai: ~ How were the other ships? I ::partial:: have only been on the Artemis, so far. What sort of things did you see? ~

Gnai was clearly hopeful, presumably wishing that Genkos could tell him some of the more beautiful parts of the universe.

Adea: ~ I loved the Gorkon, many of the people I served with there I would consider family. The crew of the Resolution became the crew of the Excalibur became the crew of the Artemis, and although we have had some turnover, many of them I would consider family as well. Personally I think the people we meet are more important than the places we go although saying that I’ve seen all sorts - peace talks, alternative universes, many, many incidents of time travel… I even spent some time in the Chief Engineer’s body… ~

Gnai bobbed along, listening intently in its tank as Genkos trailed off. He’d been through a lot, everyone he knew had been. It was part and parcel of serving in Starfleet. Unrelated, he needed to make an appointment with Jashkaa.

Gnai: ~ Fascinating... ~

Adea: ~ You’ll have your own stories and histories soon, Gnai. ~

Genkos smiled over at the tank that contained the ensign. He’d seen a lot of ensigns come and go over the years, some remaining onboard with him, others transferring, and some others still leaving the fleet altogether. Very few had died, although there were some who had not made it, and others who were just dead to him.

Gnai: ~ Response ~

Adea: ~ So, what’s the goal? When you reach the top - what does that look like for you? ~

Gnai: ~ Response ~

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway